DLM III+ Rocket Ride

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had an opportunity at a MCVO event this past week end in Traverse City, MI to get a ride in a DLM III+ car. It is owned by GTS-ACR, a club member and friend, who posted his numbers here a short while ago(830 RWHP/796 TQ). His car is a beautiful black ACR. All I can say is that it is a mind boggling experience! The car is almost as mean sounding from the front as from the back. The acceleration seems to increase the faster you go---probably because he had to ease into the pedal to avoid shredding the tires. It was a two handed operation on the steering wheel(looked to be a leather compressing grip). We did a few rolls from 40 or so in 2nd gear and through 3rd. We didn't get a chance to test 4th gear as the 'course' was 2 lane and limited in straight stretches. Having the local sheriff behind us for a mile or two didn't help our fun. It's a rocket! No doubt about it! Thanks Rob.

Steve

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve I got a ride in the same car from Doug in Miami, and I gotta tell you, we did shred the tires lol :eek: Let's just say, as nuts as I am, I will not be getting into any cars with Doug anytime soon lol.

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ahhh.......the power of the DLM ride :eek:
not for the faint of hart!!!!

Max

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That car sounds wicked! I still can't get over mine :D Thanks for sharing, I still get excited reading about this stuff and I have my own DLM little monster. Any good enclosed track racing :) :) ???

-Lou