Do any Florida Vipers like road racing ?

Mike 99ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If so give Chuck Babel a call or go to Safemotorsports.com and check it out for some safe road coarse racing. Passing only on straight aways, no passing on corners, no bumping and grinding. This is designed for owners with cars like ours to have fun on real tracks like Homestead, Sebring, and Moroso. There is always a variety of cars there like Porsch,Z06,Ferrari,retired Nascars,etc. This car was designed for this kind of fun so come out and give it a try at least once.

Hope to see you there.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well, you know we do right Mike? :)

September 13 SAFE Motorsports is at Sebring. Join the club ($50) and sign up for the event ($220). Or just come out and go for a ride along with me and a few other Vipers. Good times. Give it a try. Beats getting tickets and unsafe half-assed attempts at highway off-ramps.

OP
OP
M

Mike 99ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well, you know we do right Mike? :)

September 13 SAFE Motorsports is at Sebring. Join the club ($50) and sign up for the event ($220). Or just come out and go for a ride along with me and a few other Vipers. Good times. Give it a try. Beats getting tickets and unsafe half-assed attempts at highway off-ramps.
Well Chuck I guess were the only ones. I guess the others just like driving a straight line all the time.

Russ Oasis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately, this event is during a Viper Days event. That would leave Gary Lashinsky and me out for this Florida event. By the way, Viper Days is taylored to the Viper owner and allows maximum track time for minimum dollars. If something happens to your car at the track, there is support from Archer to get it back on track immediately.

OP
OP
M

Mike 99ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is not a one time event. There is like 8 scheduled events a year and there all right here in our own state.
Viperdays would be great but no events in Florida and not everyone can travel all over the country to club race for a hobby. With all the travel expense gas,hotel,event,etc. I would imagine it would be maximum dollars compared to in state events. We also get maximum track time 9am to 4pm as much as you want your car on the track.
The next event will be Oct.4 at Homestead, real close to where you live. Hope you can make and would like to meet you. Thanks and good luck at Viper Days.

matthyoo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried to get a ride in Chucks Daytona, but the damn power steering pump was leaking or some bullcrap. Man was I pissed!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
YOU were pissed? How about me! I trailered all the way from Tampa and failed tech. But I'll be back at Homestead in Oct I think. Whenever the Ferraris are going to be there. This time everything will be ready to go. Come on out again.

McGuireV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This one is less cool. :)

http://www.mindmagma.com/spinout.05.2003.wmv

This was my third lap ever at Sebring, trying to figure out the turn 2/3/4 section.

If/when SAFE membership gets back to normal, I'm hoping we can talk Phil into considering some dates at Roebling Road in Savannah and up at Road Atlanta. For us northern Florida guys (I have several Viper owners up here registering for Sebring), Road Atlanta is only 20 or 30 minutes farther than Moroso, and is probably a bit closer than Homestead.

OP
OP
M

Mike 99ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For what ever reason I can't seem to open that video. Keep me informed if you go to Sebring and how many other Vipers may go from your area. That would be great to go to those other tracks.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron starting the trash talkin'. The day is coming my fellow "soup aficionado" when we will meet on the track and you'll take a heapin' helpin' of some good old-fashioned Campbell's "Chucky".

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron starting the trash talkin'. The day is coming my fellow "soup aficionado" when we will meet on the track and you'll take a heapin' helpin' of some good old-fashioned Campbell's "Chucky".

Don't worry Chuck. I've seen Ron drive, nothing to get worried about. He can talk a good story and then fall back on his local hombres time slips to beat you with. Now what might be close is both you guys huddled around a plate of wings. I for surely wouldn't be putting my hand close to that plate!!!

Mr U-2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep definetely interested. Long haul from NW Florida but I'll try to get there.

Taking my second Formula school with Bertil Roos over Labor Day at Pocono so if I don't scare the S$it out myself I'll be ready to take the Snake to the track.

Paul :usa:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul, if you need a place to stay in Tampa we have a few Viper folks that will put you up for the weekend. Sebring is less than 2 hours from Tampa.

OP
OP
M

Mike 99ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep definetely interested. Long haul from NW Florida but I'll try to get there.

Taking my second Formula school with Bertil Roos over Labor Day at Pocono so if I don't scare the S$it out myself I'll be ready to take the Snake to the track.

Paul :usa:

Be sure and go to Safemotorsports.com and register so you can get all information for up coming events.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4