Do I Dare...?

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This coming Sunday is a huge Corvette show that me and my dad always go to. He's one of those "Corvette people" and I tolerate the show in the name of father-son quality time :) . My question is, do I dare wear my "God made Vipers so Vette guys would have heroes" t-shirt?? It'll be somewhere around 200 Vette's there and zero Vipers (we always take my dad's C4). What are the odds I'll make it home safely?

voi9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If it were me I wouldn't wear it but I would wear Viper apparel such as hat and Viper Club Region shirt. :2tu:

Alabaster Mamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I think it depends on how big and tough you are. If you are one of those big guys with arms like tree trunks then wear anything you want. Hey you only live once (unless you believe in reincarnation that is) so live on the edge. Many of them will get a kick out of it.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would be funny if your Dad wore a T shirt with an arrow and the message "I'm with stupid". Well, anyway, it would work with my Dad's & my sense of humor.

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll definitely wear a Viper hat and shirt. Just not sure if I'll wear THAT shirt. I'm not big or muscular, so intimidation is not an option :) As for the "I'm with stupid" shirt idea, thats really funny, but I'm not gonna suggest it :)

usaf0016

Enthusiast
Reaction score
heh go for it man, dont let vette guys scare you, cmon they drive vettes... haha just kidding, dont worry what they think just wear it and be happy and have a good time

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since the average age of Corvette owners is 85, I would think you would be ok.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gosh, Chad--we have soooooooooo many Vette friends, I didn't even buy the shirt...!! It's your own choice, but it were us, we would not wear that one. Boils down to respect, and you are a respectful individual~~always liked that about you!! YOUR decision....
~juli~

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gosh, Chad--we have soooooooooo many Vette friends, I didn't even buy the shirt...!! It's your own choice, but it were us, we would not wear that one. Boils down to respect, and you are a respectful individual~~always liked that about you!! YOUR decision....
~juli~

Yeah.... you go to a person's home, you don't talk trash about his wife and kids. You're a prez now... gotta be an ambassador for the VCA. Many Viper owners own Vettes or once owned one. The last thing you want to do is to discourage a Vette owner from buying a Viper because "all those Viper guys are @$$holes."

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't. Wearing your Viper attire at a Corvette event is like turning on UFC at a ladies bridge party.

In contrast, we don't mind if ladies play bridge while we watch UFC so it's ok if the Vette girls wear their Vette patterns at our events.

Live with the double standard. It's ok in this case.

98viperGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Chad I did not know that you were Prez! Congrats on that. Just wear the shirt and bring some ******* girls with you and your dad. I am sure that no one will notice your shirt, well except the vette owner's wives. LOL

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A couple of months back I took my Viper to the strip and it just happened to be a 'Corvette Challenge' day. I had the only Viper in a sea of Vettes - Must've been 100 of them at least.

While I got plenty of compliments on the car, I swear I got just as many 'snubs'. Not necessarily dirty looks, but just a little attitude from a percentage of them. You know.

So my vote would be NO on the shirt (I've got one too), simply because of that 'percentage' out there. Not worth it.
Though a Viper hat would make for a subtle 'jab'.:cool: :rolaugh:

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My vote is to wear it. I have got so many complimnets and laughs on that shirt. And every Vette guy has laughed.
The Vette is an American legend, been around since the 50"s. Still thought of by most as the American dream car. So many Vettes,so many shows,clubs etc. We are a tiny spec in comparison, yet since the Viper had come out , it has been the New King. Dominating.
So I think Vette guys will continue to laugh when they see it. ITS FUNNY and thats all it is.
Now if the shirt said something rude or crude and "Vette owners **** Monkey S#*% " then Id advise against wearing it. :D

SUPER MARIO 68

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would say were a shirt that represents the VCA, not the one you were talking about.

At those events most Vette owners should be pretty respectful and mature people and you probably would strike up some interesting conversations with some Vette owners.

Who knows, maybe some of them are thinking about getting a Viper and might ask you some questions about them and you might turn some of them into future Viper owners.

Just wear a shirt that represents the VCA in good taste.

Super Mario