Do I need to re-flash

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys;
I changed the exhaust last year and put a full belanger system on the car. Headers, cats and exhaust.

I notice when I accelerate slowly the car seems to run fine. However, when I give it WOT I notice a gurgling ( popping ) from the exhaust with a slight hesitation in acceleration. I'm just wondering if the computer needs to be re-flashed to learn the additonal air flow.

Has anyone enountered this with an exhaust change?

Mechanic told me that I am running rich?

Need your help.
Thanks
Patrick

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mine ran rich even stock, not sure if it got worse after the exhaust mods. But I did a before and after dyno and the reflash WORKS. Less popping and alot more midrange power. Car runs strong now.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Most of these cars seem to run a bit rich from the factory.

The computer should adjust for the small changes you've made in about 500 miles according to Belanger. I just made the same changes to my 06 Coupe and will see how this works out. This car ran strong without the headers / exhaust. I'll likely do the reflash soon too.

Dan

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are not going to take the car to DC for the flash, you should send him a dyno chart WITH an air/fuel ratio reading so he can properly asses/adjust you calibrations specifially for your car. As mentioned above these cars(stock) are set to run rich by the factory as(my guess) a safety to prevent the dreaded effects of running too lean.

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would HIGHLY recommend the VEC3 from Roe Racing. I can hook my laptop up while at the Dyno and make adjustments to practicaly everything. If you dont feel comfortable tuning then sean at roe will (at no charge) send you a card to update the Vec3 with your modifications. The sweet thing is that as you make modifiications (even supercharging) you can tune the car with the software and not have to pull out the PCM everytime.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960