Do Police Hassle Wings/Air Dams... Anyone?

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was just talking with a girl who was driving her boyfriends muscle car and a PA State Cop pulled her over accusing her hood scoop as being illegal.

I was thinking of putting a wing on Wayne's Bad Viper (in NV of course) and was wondering if the Police start getting involved with that sort of criminal behavior?

I love the Police! They make me feel so safe and cuddly warm!

Chuck 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Intelman34:

Clear turn signals with clear bulbs

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oooooh, you are really living on the edge! Next you're going to tell me you jaywalk too...
laugh.gif

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The whole question here is do your add ons block your field of view or make your car inoperable on public roads. Wings are usually not a problem if you have two side mirrors. Front air dams? Depends on how low your car is. A cowl on your hood? Does it block your field of view? Then it's probably illegal. There are guide lines published for every state, and most likely, every state is different.

Paul Fischer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you don't pull over you won't get a ticket. Besides, my splitter was a great place to bolt my front plate onto. Saved drilling holes in my car and bending the lower lip under the splitter protected the fiberglass.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
#()#$)(#$ **$(#() ^&!%%# 9659(% %((#(!, *d9949
^%
$%#$
#$(#*$)*@)#(*$)@#(~~~
%$(JGF)%___$_$&*%&*#$ )$#*%)# 89 83408 )(*)(#*$&*#*@03

gerald

Sniper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Intelman-sounds like you got a break from your doctor. I got the same break, too. She told me that to actually qualify for tint because of eye sensitivity is very, very, very, very, very rare. She even told me how far I actually was away from legally getting tint. Anyway, now in MO, they legallized tinting on cars.

OP
OP
Tom and Vipers

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve,

By our local car custom here, Wayne's car will only be referred to as Tom's Bad Viper only after I sell it!

It's sort of an Old Testament thing......

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tomatper:
Steve,

By our local car custom here, Wayne's car will only be referred to as Tom's Bad Viper only after I sell it!

It's sort of an Old Testament thing......

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is cool to have it listed as Wayne's, it probably always should be
smile.gif