Do we know much about the short-throw shifter that the 2010 ACR has?

Swanny

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is it the MGW short-throw shifter that everyone raves about?

dtenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sure it is not the MGW, as I drove both MGW and 2010 shifter equipped vipers on the same day and the MGW was shorter shifting with a notchy feel relative to the 2010 shifter.

I am interested to know when the 2010 shifter will be available for purchase?

Thanks,
David

Reaction score
I doubt very much the 2010 shifter will be available anytime soon. You can't even buy the factory one now really. The MGW shifter is still by far the most precise shifter out there, and is a steal at $299!

CPPRHD265

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been pretty happy with the B&M I installed last November. I've never tried the MGW though, I wonder how it compares.

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I doubt very much the 2010 shifter will be available anytime soon. You can't even buy the factory one now really. The MGW shifter is still by far the most precise shifter out there, and is a steal at $299!

If it came with the Knob it would be more reasonable :drive:

venomred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I too agree...The MGW shifter assy w/knob is a great upgrade and
should be the first mod to be made...It was a huge improvement
in shifting on my '08...No more missed shifts!!

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the pistol grip MGW First Strike on one of my GTSs and I liked it. It was the pistol grip and shaft that bolted onto the shifter. Is this an actual shifter you all are talking about or a knob on on a shaft that bolts onto the shifter?

Last edited:
Reaction score
MGW makes a complete shifter that will fit Gen3/4 Vipers. I think with a change in clocking of the lever and the Woodhouse mounts for engine and trans it has been used sucsessfully.