Do you ever just get tired of your viper ???

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this year i drove my GTS about 1500-2000 miles. thats way below my normal of 8-9K miles/year.

car is running perfect, drives like new again, has a boatload of power

BUT Lately ive been in a funk and not really into taking it out or driving it. This weekend was absolutely beautiful in NNJ, i was busy in the morning but could have taken it out for lunch but didn't wanna bother. I had 2 friends ask me to go driving. In years past, id have put 300 miles on it in one day like that.

im sure its just me....

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like you're in a funk for sure, plum :(
We NEVER get tired of driving our VIPER...cus we don't get much chance to.
Hope your funk gets better, maybe giving the Viper a rest and yourself...you'll miss it again.
(REMEMBER how LONG you waited to even get your Viper BACK before?!! You missed it then...remember those times :))
**I know, secretly you want a VETTE like mine~~~;)**
~juli

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this year i drove my GTS about 1500-2000 miles. thats way below my normal of 8-9K miles/year.​

car is running perfect, drives like new again, has a boatload of power​

BUT Lately ive been in a funk and not really into taking it out or driving it. This weekend was absolutely beautiful in NNJ, i was busy in the morning but could have taken it out for lunch but didn't wanna bother. I had 2 friends ask me to go driving. In years past, id have put 300 miles on it in one day like that.​

im sure its just me....​

just give me your keys

I'll put some miles on it for ya':D

OP
OP
P

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah i do remember that year and a half....not fun. but after 50K miles of owning it, i think i might be done with it now.

leslie, im gonna keep my comments to myself, you have banning power....LOL.. ;)

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah i do remember that year and a half....not fun. but after 50K miles of owning it, i think i might be done with it now.
leslie, im gonna keep my comments to myself, you have banning power....LOL.. ;)

WOW, I didn't even realize how many miles you had on your 'Silver Bullet' (I call it).
I DO hear ya...hope that the VIPER FEVER hits ya again ... remember us 'lowly' folks :)
~juli

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this year i drove my GTS about 1500-2000 miles. thats way below my normal of 8-9K miles/year.​

car is running perfect, drives like new again, has a boatload of power​

BUT Lately ive been in a funk and not really into taking it out or driving it. This weekend was absolutely beautiful in NNJ, i was busy in the morning but could have taken it out for lunch but didn't wanna bother. I had 2 friends ask me to go driving. In years past, id have put 300 miles on it in one day like that.​

im sure its just me....​

It's not uncommon for people to feel crappy the way things have been going in the world over the past year, and the weather is starting to turn cold and depressing. So I'd say you're feeling completely normal. I had a really bad spell where I didn't drive my car much at all for a few years - I had so much going on that I didn't want the hassle of something as simple as taking the car out and then washing it after a few drives. Thank god that's over with... The good thing about being in a funk is you really appreciate the simple things when the funk passes - and it always does pass.

PittsburghRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get like that with cars too. I don't want to sell, just add more cars to the garage. I have a bug for a Porsche TT 996, but have other priorities.... I ***** just being a working stiff. :)

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You need to do something to your car...that will spark things up. Get your car a boob job and enjoy it all over again... *hide*

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sell it. When it stops being a Viper and becomes just a car, it's time to pass it along to someone who will continue to worship it. It deserves that. Sell it and get something new.

SlateEd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe a deviled egg competition at Tator's or in Connecticut before winter sets in?

I got that way with my classic car after a few years, just not feeling like dragging it out... especially when the daily driver was no-hassle and my schedule was a constant hassle!
The Viper has snapped me right out of it, but alas the classic still sits there and I haven't moved it once all summer. It'll get better I'm sure!

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plum
I know what you mean.... It's a weird "state of mind"...

I know what worked for meeee.... Get an SRTTTTT.....:D

I still love my Gen 2 and I'm not trying to hijack your thread in any way but.....
The SRT and the GTS are the same, but different.... :confused: In a good way.

Now that you feel like this, drive an SRT and see what you think. May be the
"jump start" you're missing.
I know times are tough all over. If the timing is right, maybe a Gen 3 or 4???

(I'm sure DLM could take care of the power for ya'....:headbang:)

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was only tired of driving my Viper one time and that was when I pulled into my driveway at the end of the 3rd strait day of 600+ miles of driving. My wife thought she would never hear me say," I am ready to get out of this car!"
However strange it my be, I understand exactly how you feel. I am sure there are many factors, the change of seasons, not being as young we once were, the general unstable feeling in our nation today with leftest running amok and more.
All I can say is don't make any decisions that you might regret when this mood passes. For this too shall pass.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was only tired of driving my Viper one time and that was when I pulled into my driveway at the end of the 3rd strait day of 600+ miles of driving. My wife thought she would never hear me say," I am ready to get out of this car!"
However strange it my be, I understand exactly how you feel. I am sure there are many factors, the change of seasons, not being as young we once were, the general unstable feeling in our nation today with leftest running amok and more.
All I can say is don't make any decisions that you might regret when this mood passes. For this too shall pass.

Amen! Pass the ammo! :D

OP
OP
P

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
some funny and good ideas in this thread.

frank barba has a great idea though. a FGT would certainly do the trick. my car is just about worthless at this point making it tough for me to swing the FGT. hmmm i know DLM would rather be working on a lambo for me. Doug even talked me into going TT if i got a gallardo, gave me a sweet deal on it. i dont know.....

the weather has me in a funk for sure, been busy working lately.....maybe winter will change my mind on all this.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You need a new car, Plum.

Maybe a Viper, maybe a Lambo.....maybe a GT.
Nothing re-energizes you like a new car.
I'd trade both my cars in a heartbeat to get into a FGT and never look back.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When winter sets in it will change your mind after a few of those nasty NJ winter days....You will long for the day you are able to say F _ work, hop in your Viper & go....Better yet....

If you have a Trailer & Truck Combo....Load your Viper up & head South to Florida for a trip around the state...This will get you out of your funk....Only problem is when you get back you will wish that you were still in Florida....

Last edited:

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Plum,

7 year itch?

Sometimes appearance changes can spark interest (or make you realize what an awesome inspiring design your car has)...

My opinion?

Send it away (yes away, as you'll appreciate it more when it comes "back home") for:

Classic blue or black stripes (whether painted OR vinyl)

and/or

GT2 wing and ACR canards

or

just a nice detailing and interior/exterior touch up of any imperfections

The GTS is a timeless design (as is the GT). No doubt, your romance is over, but anyone that has classic attributes, will stand the test of time!

OP
OP
P

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When winter sets in it will change your mind after a few of those nasty NJ winter days....You will long for the day you are able to say F _ work, hop in your Viper & go....Better yet....

If you have a Trailer & Truck Combo....Load your Viper up & head South to Florida for a trip around the state...This will get you out of your funk....Only problem is when you get back you will wish that you were still in Florida....

but every dang time it goes to florida it comes back with more power.... lol but have been thinking of sending it down to doug, let him take delivery and i can fly down and store it there for the winter. this way i can use it there...not a bad idea

OP
OP
P

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plum,

7 year itch?

Sometimes appearance changes can spark interest (or make you realize what an awesome inspiring design your car has)...

My opinion?

Send it away (yes away, as you'll appreciate it more when it comes "back home") for:

Classic blue or black stripes (whether painted OR vinyl)

and/or

GT2 wing and ACR canards

or

just a nice detailing and interior/exterior touch up of any imperfections

The GTS is a timeless design (as is the GT). No doubt, your romance is over, but anyone that has classic attributes, will stand the test of time!

Joseph, you hit the nail on the head i think. its a 7 year itch. have always wanted to paint this thing orange or maroon with silver stripes. might have to look into this. it could use a paint job too....

OK...orange and a shot of nitrous ? what ya'll think ???