Do You Use The Car Wash For Your Viper?

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Just another one of my random Viper questions. Do any of you guys take your Viper to the car wash? Also lets get feedback from the people who say not to. Any bad horror stories? Details Please.

Tommy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do. Too lazy to wash it myself. You should see all the swirls. :D

motor602

Enthusiast
Reaction score
first of all, the rear tires wouldnt even fit in the tracks, if im correct. Secondly, you are almost guarenteed swirl marks, and i dont even know what else goes on there. Besides, why would you trust your finish to someone else? Just set aside 3-4 hours a month and you will be fine :) . start lifting, you are gonna need the muscles in your arms for the wax.

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've used the high pressure spray car washes that you do yourself as many times as I've washed it at home the last 3 years with no problems at all. I would never go through an automatic wash.

Steve

S

SUN RA KAT

I either wash it at home in my driveway or go to the high pressure do-it-yourself wash whenever it really needs cleaning.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use the quarter wash down the street to do it myself, or my favorite detail man. He details cars for VW(Bentley and Lamborghini) at the Detroit and Chicago autoshows, along w/ numerous other exotic cars(even handled Jerry Stackhouses pistons) fleet of rarities. The only automatic carwash i MIGHT consider is the Touchless type w/ no track on the ground! I know none of the automated washes w/ the tracks that pull the car through will accomodate the Vipers massive front tires much less the huge rears!

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I either wash it at home in my driveway or go to the high pressure do-it-yourself wash whenever it really needs cleaning.

What he said. I usually do the commercial spray down when I've been to the track, or after driving in bad weather.

Vreracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've posted this numerous times.

My gas cap cover after an automatic car wash.

You must be registered for see images

A nice soft sponge with warm soapy water.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NEVER USE HIGH PRESSURE WASH ALSO... If you have the SMALLEST chip in your paint and the high pressure wand hits it, you'll flake off LOTS of paint... BIG NO NO ON THe car wash and another one on just using the HIGH PRESSURE WASH.. Accident WAITING to happen..

my thoughts only.

G

Eliminator

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I go twice a month to the car wash with mine. They hand wash it and hand dry it. They have two lanes. You choose, automated or hand wash. Very convienent. No problems yet. They do an exelent job. It's called Cobble Stone Car Wash. I belieeve they are in other states also. It cost's 20.00.

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A couple of years ago I was at a tire store with my son while he was deciding on new rims. I asked the salesman if he ever sold wheels to a Viper owner. He said some guy picked up his new Viper and immediately ran it through an automatic car wash with tracks. The rear wheels became lodged in the tracks and totally wrecked them! He showed up at this store wanting replacements. It's amazing how small some people's brains are.

I seldom wash my Vipers because I don't take them out in the rain. When I do I use a soft cloth, Zaino soap, and my leaf blower to dry them. Usually I just dust them off and hit them with the spray gloss enhancer.
Bob K

CoryMac

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't think it's so hard to believe. I used to work at a carwash and saw at least one go through. I'll keep the one I worked at anonymous, but I'd never take my car to one. I've seen cars go over a curb, into other cars (people always forget to put the parking brake on), a van went over a curb and through a fence once. I wouldn't take my car through one, and it's far from a Viper.

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No one washes my car but me! No high pressure car washes. I wash my and wax my car about once a week.

I won't even let Woodhouse or any dealer clean my car. If it is scratched, then it is my vault.

I only use 100% cotton towels. Careful here... some cotton towels use nylon or polyester stitching on the ends. I have been using the same wax towel for many many years. Good towels are near impossible to find.

Even a brand new Vipers have flaws. Maybe I am just too picky :)