Dodge Dealer Rip Off, Maybe?

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like a lot of heavy duty usage.Road race,Auto-x,Possibly hammered around a lot of curves on the street.Also damaged and repaired.The repair could have been innocent like someone backing up into it.Or maybe it occured under track confitions.I guess I would be concerned that the engine/drive train hasn't been burned up and more importantly that the frame is straight. Bruce

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kevin,

Do you think that the price you paid for it was low,high or normal?
A seller in CA has a duty to disclose any damages that he know.
Since they represented that the car was previously owned by a PR firm,ask your dealer to input the Viper Vin# in their computer and to give you a print out.
It should show the history of the car.
If I was you I will raise hell with the dealer.Sometimes,saddly,it is the only way to get something.

there is no "orange peel"on the factory paint and to have no more pads in 4000 miles is very strange.
At least the car is under warrenty and whatever is wrong with it should be fixed for free.

Also 5 stars dealers are supposed to do a full check and inspection of a used car.
Obviously they did not do it and they OWN IT to you to change the pads and rotor.
If they say no,I am sure that if you call DC and complain loud enough about their "non qualified 5 stars certified dealer" that will help.
Good luck.
Luc.

viperdoctor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just took the stock front pads off my car after 8K miles and they looked brand new...

I would not be happy with that car unless it was well below market price.

ViperDoctor

ACR Larry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kevin,

Some (not all) Southern California dealers will do or say anything to sell you a Viper, 5 star or not. I have about the same mileage on my Viper and don't have any of the signs of wear or paint problems that you mention.

If you post your VIN, I can run a free carfax for you. It sometimes can provide you with an accurate history of the vehicle.

Larry

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kevin,
I live in San Diego and have had three Vipers including the 01
ACR I have now. I would be glad to look the car over and compare.
Where are you, I'm in Chula Vista.
Regards,
Steve

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With 15k miles on my 1997 the front pads still have a lot left on them (over 50%). Never raced with it, but from my understanding you can ware out a set of stock pads at the track in just one or two days.

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Kevin,

I have a 2000 GTS Steel Grey. If you want to compare paint, you can stop by my place. I believe I live near you since I saw you running down RB road a couple of times last weekend. I was in the green Ford pickup in front of you at the stop light going west up the hill. I am in the West Wood area.

You should check car fax for any strange stuff and take it to a different dealer to do a run down on service reports.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Everyone is giving you good advice, and there is one other avenue that may be partially an answer. Take Ulysses up on his offer and feel free to call me with the assessment you both come up with. One item, that may make you feel better, is that the buffing compound, etc. may actually be from the factory, as well as the tape. One of our major complaints for the past two years is the excessive amount of buffing compound on new Vipers. It is not uncommon to find it in about every crack, under the hood , etc. This may be all your problem is in this area ( poor clean-up ), but I would sure check out the offers and the advice your fellow brothers are giving you. If you need any help with the set-up on the shocks, give me a ring.
Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse Chrysler
1-800-889-1893

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kevin,

Email is down, so I sent you a private message on this sight. We should compare tonight. Details are in the message I sent you.

Ulysses

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Kevin,
Welcome to the Viper Nation!!
I hope your problems get resolved to your satisfaction.
After reading your posts here regarding this, I have one question for you, Have you contacted the dealer yet?
I have worked for car dealers (Nissan) for almost 20 years, and for the most part, the dealers I have worked a have tried to treat thier customers fairly.
If you haven't talked to them yet, I would suggest giving them a chance to make you happy.
I know that CSI is a big deal in being able to keep a "5 Star" rating, so they should be motivated in trying to make things right.
Best of luck and please let us know how this turns out. I live very near the Dealer in question and would be very interested in knowing how they treat thier customers.
Cheers,
Scott