Dodge Viper ACR 1:33 Edition info and pics...

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Detroit 2010: Dodge Viper ACR 1:33 Edition a fitting end note — Autoblog

We heard about it in Los Angeles, and now we see it here in the D. Meet the 1:33 Edition of Dodge's most potent ever Viper. Why the name? We're glad you asked. Back in November, hot-shoe Dodge Chris Winkler managed to hammer the track-focused Viper ACR around Laguna Seca in 1:33.944, faster than any other production car has ever gone (Note: the spoiler says 1:33.915). Impressive, no? Only 33 of these special Vipers are being built.

Here's what makes 'em so grand: Thanks to new, more bonkers gearing, the 600-horsepower monster does everything quicker. Try this statistic on for size: 0 to 202 miles-per-hour happens 14 seconds quicker with this 2010 Viper ACR than the 2009 model. Can we get a wolf whistle? The 1:33 Edition also gets a unique two-tone Black Clear Coat/Red Clear Coat exterior color, the inverse of the original ACR, as well as modified end caps on its massive carbon-fiber wing, too. We're going to miss the uncircumsized Dodge Viper (how would you describe it?), but at least it's going out with a big bang.

You must be registered for see images attach

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Hate to see a Prancing Horse stuck on that.

This is the last great AMERICAN-only Viper. A triumph of yankee ingenuity, born of our dreams, built with our hands.

Better things may come, but I wont be a fan, regardless. I always root for the home team, through thick and thin. Fiat can keep their overpriced, over rated prancing horses. They cant keep up with the ACR on the Ring anyways, so who needs 'em?

grumble, grumble, grumble....

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What type of gearing contributed to a 14 sec quick 0-202 time? I assume the entire trans was regeared. I wonder what the 0-60,100,150 times are, not to mention acceleration from 50-150 or 70-150.
I thought the 08-09 acr couldn't top 190 ish.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Killer look, I can't wait to get the ones we ordered at the Dealership. I really like the red wheels, but then folks have forgotten that some didn't like the black wheels on the regular ACRs. With only 33 ever, I think it was a good move to showcase this unique look!!

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought the ACR top speed was 184 mph for 2010, not 202 mph? I like how the calipers match the color scheme of the car, wish they would have done that on my 09 ACR.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah that must be a misunderstanding. No way that with over 1,000 pounds of downforce you are getting to 202 mph especially since the 08-09 was topping out at 179.

I thought the ACR top speed was 184 mph for 2010, not 202 mph? I like how the calipers match the color scheme of the car, wish they would have done that on my 09 ACR.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That inverse-paint job is stunning in person.....the wheels do look nice against the black-slab sides.

The rear wing is autographed by Team SRT, with the time recorded [ala the Nurburgring record wing.] The Laguna-Seca decal on the rear was ala the 'Ring car as well. Decals will likely not be on the 33 production cars, but WILL be avail from PartsRack........ Already are in fact.

Additionally, a 4" x 4" cast-aluminum track outline, autographed by Chris Winkler, with record time noted, is also available. Team SRT Members all have one.....a must-have for 1:33 Edition owners. Drop me a mail? We have some other nice LagunaSeca DooDads............

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Some mistakes in the top post.

1 - 5th gear ratio change to .80 for 2010 makes the both cars, SRT-10 and SRT-10 ACR faster to top speed.

2 - Top speed for the SRT-10 is 202. Top speed for the ACR is 184 (or something close, can't remember exactly) with this revised gearing.

3 - Final gear, 6th, stays the same at .5

Many racers and high speed performance guys have been changing the 5th and 6th gear ratios for years to enhance high speed performance.

Dan

Kadeuces

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What kind of headers/exhaust upgrade from dodge were installed on this street legal production vehicle? Wonder how they match up with the Belangers?

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From the front the car does not look half bad. I was not a huge fan of the color combo but the front really does the car justice. Maybe if those wheels were not red.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Edited for not reading thread completely

Last edited:
Reaction score
Its probably not that shocking, but I love the red wheels as well :D

From a guy that had yellow wheels, I don't consider your opinion to be worthy.

Again, this coming from a guy that had yellow wheels, I'm sorry, its too late for us to think your opinion counts on wheels, though as an aside, the women in your photo stable give rock.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From a guy that had yellow wheels, I don't consider your opinion to be worthy.

Again, this coming from a guy that had yellow wheels, I'm sorry, its too late for us to think your opinion counts on wheels, though as an aside, the women in your photo stable give rock.

According to Stretch, MoparBoy, and other yellow misfits, the yellow wheels were the only thing making the car desirable. Can team Lose Race Yellow please get your stories straight?

Reaction score
According to Stretch, MoparBoy, and other yellow misfits, the yellow wheels were the only thing making the car desirable. Can team Lose Race Yellow please get your stories straight?

I checked with all yellow crew members, and no one has yellow wheels.
If you think you can add yellow wheels to a red-sled, and expect to have the speed and power of a yellow Viper, you are sadly mistaken.
Signed,
*** yellow

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4