Does any one have the centered hood Louvers? Pic inside

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I was wondering if any of you had the centered hood louvers? Does it help in the cooling a lot or just a little? I am thinking of getting one, but don't want to unless you see a significant amount of cooling off your engine.

Thanks

30.jpg

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adam,

I can tell you from experience. I have the Elite Motorsports hood. It hasn't helped in cooling 1 degree.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark, sure don't.

You would think that the hood would release air. I can see it coming up while at idle, etc. Strangely I haven't noticed any temp drop......

Brad Manhattan Beach

Viper Owner
Reaction score
These louvers were never meant to cool the original racing Vipers. They were designed to relieve the pressure build up that occurs at high speeds. Anyhing above 170 mph the hood looks like a bedsheet that wants to fly off of the car. When the pressure is relieved the front end becomes much more stable (from a handling perspective).

Fiorano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been considering getting the louvers. I am just a bit uneasy on having someone cut up the stock hood.

Mark Red GTS Cooper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, my hood just arrived at Autoform, when I get it back I will post shots. Fiorno,, PM me with your number,,

Adam,, what is your email,, I would to email you the crate shots..

Mark