Does anyone drive in the rain?

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i drove 4 hours in the rain to northern michigan this summer the car drove suprisingly well in the rain as long as i stayed in 5-6 gear. its amazing how much water these tires will pump out of their way!

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same here...soft top, and dirty car = too much time cleaning and not enough time driving on nice days.

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I try not to. Though, the first trip we took in it in Sept.'05 it rained nearly the whole 500mi there. Was with a group of local Vipers (and one C5)and we were traveling at about 90 to 100mph through pouring rain for the first couple hours. I consider this a bit of hazing from the other owners.
Haven't driven in rain since.
Pain to detail is the main reason.
When it rains here, there is an excellent chance of hail, probably greater than 50/50 in the summer, that's the other side of my reasoning.

Wild Bill

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have but not by choice. Before I put on new tires she would plane at 45 mph! No fun driving on I-40 out of Memphis at that speed. With new shoes she is much more well behaved but as someone else said it's just not as much fun.

I did get caught in a sudden T-storm on a Sunday cruise with the wife. Had left the softop at home and no where to pull off....did you know that with 37 coats of Zaino and rain-ex on the windsheild the water runs right up the hood, right over the windshiled and then empties right in your laps!

I wouldn't be afraid to drive in the rain-just have to be even more careful

B
(p*ssed because it's supposed to rain all weekend here)

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car is NOT made from sugar!

You must be registered for see images

And, the soft top is water proof on my 2002 RT/10.
Unbelievable, but true.

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
Not by choice. But no biggie if I get stuck in a downpour or really need to drive.

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Never. To me driving a Viper in the rain is sacrilegious. :)

The previous owner said he only washed it one time in all the years he owned it because it never saw a drop of rain and it never got dirty. I’d like to keep it that way.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All the time. It is not bad for rainy winter driving. Just stay off the throttle. The windshield angle is such that you often don't need the wipers on the freeway and of course, the heater works great. I have found that the dirt actually washes off. It gets much dirtier at the track than in the rain!

what you said about the windshield angle-that is SO true! I have gotten caught in some SERIOUS downpours in the Viper, and have rarely had to use the wipers

Agree 100% with the wipers statement. It is amazing. I find that you never have to use the wipers at night if there is a heavy rain. During the day for some reason it does not work so well. I found it odd because it seems to be the opposite of what it should be.