Does anyone have a tune file for an AEM Series 2 for a Gen 3?

proedge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm trying to get my car started after installing the AEM standalone and am not having much luck. The box has a file on it from RSI, but something is off with it. The car just backfires, won't start or idle. I'm hoping someone has a file they can share with me, so I can give it a try. If that doesn't work either, I'll know there's another issue somewhere. My car is a twin turbo 2005 with 1000cc injectors and dual fuel pumps, but I think any Gen 3 file will work to at least get it started.

OP
OP
P

proedge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
anyone? I think I just need to have the correct ignition settings. Can't find them online anywhere. Crank/cam rising or falling edge? How many teeth? Ignition sync? I've been working on this for days now, still can't find the correct settings

brewersprts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be glad to give you a copy of my tune, if I knew how to do it and/or had the hardware to do it.

I have a laptop but no cord to plug into the car. I do have multiple SnapOn and Autel scanners but I don’t think they will copy tune files.

I am located in Florida.

I would be glad to help if you have some way for me to do so.

OP
OP
P

proedge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You just need a regular USB cord, the type typically used for printers. If you don't have one, I would buy one for you off Amazon haha. Picture of USB cord attached

Do you know where your AEM box is? One end of the box will have your wiring harness plugged in. The other end has the USB port.
On your laptop, you download AEMTuner 3.2 from the AEM website.
Run it as administrator, connect the usb cord to your ECM and your laptop.
Turn your ignition on, your ECM should connect to your laptop and it will download the current tune from the ECM. Then go to File -> Save Calibration, and save that file somewhere.
That's it. Just post the file here or email it to me.

Attachments

• 51L4xd9S9aL._AC_SL1001_.jpg
    51L4xd9S9aL._AC_SL1001_.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 2
OP
OP
P

proedge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put mine under the steering wheel. Some people put them in the engine bay.
It looks like this

Attachments

• enpp-761.jpg
    enpp-761.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 4
  • aem-series-2-ems-engine-management-system.jpg
    aem-series-2-ems-engine-management-system.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 4

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members