Does anyone know this Dealer

toohot4u

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone brought a Viper from this dealer BJ Motors . They specialize in exotic cars.

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lots of us here have bought from Bernie at BJ Motors. I bought my GTS from him "sight unseen" and could not have been more pleased. Buy with confidence, Bernie is top shelf and is a long time, well respected member of the Viper community. :2tu:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bought my ACR from Bernie last fall - painless and no problems.
He has been around the Viper community many years.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bernie Katz, owner of BJ Motors is a long time VCA Member and huge supporter of the Viper community in general. You can do business with him with 100% confidence that he'll treat you right and you'll get exactly what you're paying for, no stories. He's very, very good people.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
watch out for the tires - check the date and dont believe that they have good thread (but are 10 years old only :rolleyes:)

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
In no particular order, if there was an award for "Top Ten Trustworthy" vendors to the Viper world, Bernie would definitely be one of them.

OP
OP
T

toohot4u

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks folks for your reponses....Yea the tires would have to be replaced. Would you take off $2000.00 from the price?

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks folks for your reponses....Yea the tires would have to be replaced. Would you take off $2000.00 from the price?

Nope, and Bernie probably wouldn't either. You can get a new set of PS2's for less than that, and I wouldn't expect any dealer to eat $2k on a set of tires on a car that would probably pass safety inspection in any state in the union. You may get something off the price, but I wouldn't expect him to eat a full set of tires.

Just my 0.02.

OP
OP
T

toohot4u

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope, and Bernie probably wouldn't either. You can get a new set of PS2's for less than that, and I wouldn't expect any dealer to eat $2k on a set of tires on a car that would probably pass safety inspection in any state in the union. You may get something off the price, but I wouldn't expect him to eat a full set of tires.

Just my 0.02.

Well I guess my next question is what do you think is a good price for a 2002 RT with 8000 miles ? He is asking 42,000. The blue book price is 37,500 in great condition.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bluebook values have always been garbage for this car. $42k, IMO, is a fair price for that car and you can trust Bernie to understand the Viper market value better than NADA or KBB. I'm not saying he's not trying to make a buck, he is a business man and all, so haggle away, just know that that price really isn't far off the mark. 8k miles....that car is barely broken in.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your dreaming. It takes a pretty special RT/10 to get over $40K. That car is not special. (Aside from being a Viper)

I took a gander at Auto Trader and our classifieds, and for a low mile, pristine 02 RT/10, 42 is in the ball-park. It's the upper end of the spectrum, true, but if it's clean, it would be worth it.

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your dreaming. It takes a pretty special RT/10 to get over $40K. That car is not special. (Aside from being a Viper)

I took a gander at Auto Trader and our classifieds, and for a low mile, pristine 02 RT/10, 42 is in the ball-park. It's the upper end of the spectrum, true, but if it's clean, it would be worth it.

I'd pay it...these cars are worth it. However, of course if you can find one cheaper, it's only obvious to buy the best deal.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score

There are too many other Vipers with good prices right now to pay over $39,500 for an RT/10.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi