Does dry ice really help?

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me ask you this if i were to take your car on my buddys chasis dyno on 95 degree day and make 6 straight redline pulls (one directly after another )just out of curosity would that 690 be real and ready then.
Don't know. But 2 straight on a 90 degree day was almost on top of each other and the third with a 15 minute break was also very close. Good enough for me.

I have dynoed my car over twenty times. I know the results. It does not suffer from short term heat soak. I added the second heat exchanger to prevent the long term heat soak. The heat soak Chuck speaks of. That which is more important to me.

spotter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The whole reason you add another exchanger with the stock paxton setup is to have that extra capacity. Why do think most cars over 1000 hp all use water to air intercoolers. Water displaces heat much more efficiently as long as it is setup correctly for it.

As for the stock paxton, it's not really that efficient, I would make a couple pulls and the car was dog even with the so-called best intercooler with it... With another heat exchanger in the back, it would have helped out a lot.. but the actual intercooler itself is not efficient, it the stock one was alot bigger then you wouldn't have as much of an issue and really gain performance with the extra heat exchanger.

My twin turbo setup is almost finished and uses a water to air setup for this reason, we are estimating 1100 1300 rwhp. So I will let you know what the actual facts are when the car is run.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Heat soak is heat soak, no matter the cause. ........That said anyone who uses an iced down (well below ambient temperature) intake or intercooler to make an impressive run is cheating in my book. Meet them on the street and let's see them ice it down before whooping their ass........

Cheating? You meen that the magazine's well-covered car guy [who's name rhymes with the Volunteer State] would CHEAT ?!?!? Say it aint sooooooo....

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
...and what 1bad failed to mention is that Evan always called the Viper a "2 bagger", as the motor was SO LONG he could lay TWO bags of ice on it!

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...and what 1bad failed to mention is that Evan always called the Viper a "2 bagger", as the motor was SO LONG he could lay TWO bags of ice on it!
Nice Viper (be SURE to keep your/my mileage low.LOL)In a few months hopefully we will see just how many bags of ice that cheater(he really cant drive -its the ICE.) Smith can get under her hood.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice Viper (be SURE to keep your/my mileage low.LOL)In a few months hopefully we will see just how many bags of ice that cheater(he really cant drive -its the ICE.) Smith can get under her hood.
As a matter of fact i spoke with him (SMITH )the other day he mentioned something about BREAKING THAT BABY IN FOR YOU THE CORRECT WAY .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missjazzyfitness