Does Your Viper Have Enough Power for YOU?

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a simple test to know:

1) Stop somewhere safe and pointing straight
2) Rev your Viper to 2000rpm and drop the clutch then feed in the throttle as quickly as you can hook it.
3) Nail that sucker thru the gears - right thru to 6000rpm in 3rd, then punch 4th and keep going until you run out of nerve or road.

You have enough power if as you launch your lips begin to spread back and peel over your ears. This is what we might call the Snake Grin.

This should continue until you lift off.

If you can't get this effect - if your snake grin does not extend from ear to ear - then you need more power in that baby!

Now go do your homework and run that test - Dr's orders!

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need more power.

Anything less than 2K on the tach and she still hooks. Of course, the Pilots are brand new. I had to feather it out at 4K+ to get anh kind of slipping - and man, scratching second results in just a split second squeak followed by a massive shudder because the car HOOKS so dang good!

I think the car is deceptively fast - it doesn’t feel as fast as it is with the 3.07 gears . I know it's fast because pretty fast cars keep falling behind very quickly but my spleen is still intact at the top of 3rd gear at 6K....