Doing SRT10 BBK and Eibach Springs and Caps tomorrow, few questions?

KDR83

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What should I sent the shocks to with Eibach Springs and lowering caps? If the shocks have 5 settings I was thinking about doing 1 setting from hardest front and 2 settings from hardest rear or 1 setting from hardest rear and 0 setting from hardest front?

Also can anyone tell me the torque specs on the suspense pieces?

Also any instructions on SRT10 BBK install? I have 4 calipers, 4 rotors, stainless lines, I also have the brake bias but will leave it off for now. Trying to see an install guide or something to follow. I know I have to cut the two ears off the rear so wanted a guide to follow so I don't screw something up!

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's a BBK DIY in the Illustrated's Section and I believe a few other DIY's on this in the general forums too.

Robert Dyck

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just completed mine...purchased from Steve at VipAir. Mark Johnson from IPSCO does all the bracket fabrication, parking brakes, and brake lines. One unexpected problem: the banjo bolts from my 02 didn't work. They are course thread and the calipers use fine threads, so they had to be ordered. Car was in shop an extra day as a result.

OP
OP
K

KDR83

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Install came to a screeching halt, anyone know where to buy a 12mm allen socket? Home Depot and Lowes dont have them. Ace will be my first stop tomorrow followed by Harbor Freight that is a 30min drive.

OP
OP
K

KDR83

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just completed mine...purchased from Steve at VipAir. Mark Johnson from IPSCO does all the bracket fabrication, parking brakes, and brake lines. One unexpected problem: the banjo bolts from my 02 didn't work. They are course thread and the calipers use fine threads, so they had to be ordered. Car was in shop an extra day as a result.

Great I had no clue about this, wonder if I can find these local anywhere?

98intrigue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you son of a *****... how long have I wanted some help lowering mine? lol
Hahahaha I didn't say I was going to help! I didn't end up stopping by anyways...I was stuck at work until 9pm. I'll be in a time crunch tonight to finish mine for C&C tomorrow morning.

Jeffsss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hahahaha I didn't say I was going to help! I didn't end up stopping by anyways...I was stuck at work until 9pm. I'll be in a time crunch tonight to finish mine for C&C tomorrow morning.

I'm probably going to get some caps off a member here and take it to a shop. in my old age I dont have the time or patience anymore. I still have new plugs and wires sitting in my garage.. le sigh..

WDW MKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Install came to a screeching halt, anyone know where to buy a 12mm allen socket? Home Depot and Lowes dont have them. Ace will be my first stop tomorrow followed by Harbor Freight that is a 30min drive.

Strange... I picked my allen socket up at Lowes when installing my Gen4 calipers. Would figure most of their bulk hand tool inventory to be similar from store to store. Something else you can do, if you can find one, is just buy a regular 12mm allen wrench and cut it down to use with a standard 12mm socket.

OP
OP
K

KDR83

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah it was late, its a 12mm bolt but needs a 10mm allen, I found one no problem