Don't get cocky the snake will humble you.

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don\'t get cocky the snake will humble you.

Man my heart is still racing, almost got snakebit today. Having the Viper for a year I got a little complacent getting on the freeway, after going around the 270 degree ramp to get on I saw traffic in the right lane and gassed it a fraction before I was out of the curve, well a fraction means alot in this car and my rear swung out to driver's side corrected swung out to passanger side, one foot from the wall the 335s finally bit and I was straight, man that was scary. Be careful!!!!

nutsRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Don\'t get cocky the snake will humble you.

Thanks for the post. It reminds us all NEVER get complacent behind the wheel of the snake. This is the second story I have heard recently where just a slight mis-judgement nearly caused a serious problem. The other story was an incident on a track where the driver was distracted for a split second in a turn and next thing he knows he is headed for the dirt infield. Wheww!!

Vreracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It sort of makes me laugh when someone asks me if I'll take them out for a "Spin" in my viper.

bad viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Done a bunch of insane things on the street never had a situation. went to Viper days last month did my first 360
(kept in on the track kept going). I was complacent also,
I mean I had 70,000 miles how could this car possibly spin????????? Okay so I'll blame it on the tires
which are down to the DOT warning..or maybe just poor corner
technique????

Charlie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Good advice for all of us, especially those that don't get to drive their Viper year around. Cool tires, cool road surface or a little debris on the road can be a dangerous situation and the fact that, in my case I have been driving something with 300 less HP for the last 4 months it could get pretty ugly.

I was anxiously awaiting spring but I'll change that to cautiously awaiting spring.
You must be registered for see images

SNAKEIZ Susan

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bad viper:
went to Viper days last month did my first 360
Okay so I'll blame it on the tires
which are down to the DOT warning..or maybe just poor corner
technique????
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wayne, you have to understand the difference between

<FONT COLOR="Green">Squeeze on the Throttle, </FONT c>
And,
<FONT COLOR="Red">Throttle on the Squeeze</FONT c>

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics