dont shoot me..91 nsx vs 2003 viper interior

jman2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember when then NSX first came out and remembering that the interior of that car smelled strange when it was new. Saw another one yesterday at the Cars and Coffee and the same smell was still there - just alot worse.

I hear ya, seems to be almost all japanese cars with leather have that smell, same tannery???? 30 min rides in that leather smell gets me a headache :(

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's face it, that was a stupid video. Good intentions, bad experiences with the bimmerforums, or a speech impediment notwithstanding, it was a stupid video by any criteria. And stupid videos are flamebait. So if you post bad videos and say ridiculous things on a regular basis (as even the OP admits), there will be reaction.

Why stupid? Leaving aside the shaky handheld, bad commentary, and key chime, what defines a good analysis of interior quality? Rapping on BOTH doors to prove they are not leather, as if one would be different than the other? Oh, and he went back to rap on the first door to really drive the point home. Or an evaluation of ergonomics, fit, finish, visibility, seat comfort, etc? For example, Twister made no mention of the fact the yellow exterior paint of the car was visible through the huge gap at the lower edge of the passenger door.

In the end, it IS apples and oranges. The Acura was a "gentleman's sportscar" intended for those with money to look cool on a date or something. Although there are always some who rework everything, and there are plenty of fast and oft-tracked NSX's, that is not the norm as it is for the Viper. So of course it has a plush, all-leather interior. And that drives home the point that the video is useless at its most basic level, the one of necessity.
Finally, the comments about speech impediment and hearing issues: yeah nothing will cut through :eater: like revelation of a disability. Sorry for that. But that really is a minor part of the video as a whole, and it does nothing to justify the mindset of the post.

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
....Hey magnet..what about those engine sounds in the second vid?

dragon rider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn I haven't been on the site for a few days. All this over a video. Twister is a good dude. Whether you agree with him or not, he is a true car nut like the rest of us. Hell, while in Hawaii, he let me drive both of those cars to see how I liked them. We are all big boys. We can give and take some ribbing, but the are limits to everything. Both cars look great, but the Viper is a beast.

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone who stops by is more than welcome..thats what insurance is for...Thanks Dragon rider...can you imagine some of these guys were saying I wasnt a loyal viper guy.....Sometimes all I think about is vipers..Video was crappy but like i said it was just made to prove a point over on nsx prime to a cheese wedge driveing vette owner..Figured id post it here just to get thoughts..

Then all hell broke loose...LOL

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW..I should add that Dragon rider said my srt10 was about as fast as his..Not saying mine could run 11.4's or anything too..But just sayin..he he he..That was the best compliment ever..LOL

Cant wait till se see a bolt on car in the 10's with or without drag radials..

snakem04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok i guess its time for my say in this thread. Twister dont get to offended by this. Bottom line yes the nsx has more leather. And yes the viper has more of a fighter jet feel it was made that way on purpose. I like the look of both cars. But i would take the viper over any car in the world. No offense but my 05 audi has a nicer interior then both the cars but then again thats just an opinion. I kept laughing everytime you said the word leather though. And it might be time to change to batteries in the hearing aids because the viper sounds alot better then the nsx. The nsx sounds pretty ricerish. But then again i am a huge honda hater. I watch every video you post but i dont always comment. Some are pointless and some are interesting. So as long as it makes you happy thats all that matters.

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just wondering why, since you choose to use the resources of the club, have asked technical questions from members of the club, like to cause controversy on the site, have over 1600 postings on the site of the club, a purported Viper owner and lover, why you aren't a supporting paying member of the Viper club?

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright..darnit..truth be told every time I get ready to pay the due I start looking at a modification..A good example is right now im looking at purchaseing a true KN air intake set up verses just the filters I have and a BBK throttle body...The is 600-700$..I want it and I want it bad so I can do some testing to see the dyno gain and 1/4 mile gain...

I know I SHOULD use the money to join..But I cant help but want the parts ASAP...

But rest assured I will join..Promise. But they better do an event here in hawaii one day...LOL

pure zen

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Im not gonna hate Twister...but damn...take the key out of the ignition or turn the lights off..whatever was making that annoying beeping sound....argh I was getting **********. I could hear it during your NSX take as well.

But you have two very nice rides.

That was my only complaint also...

Maybe you should have just shown the video to the Corvette guys who were looking for them to be compared?

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im working on it..I just figuered out a new head/cam set up Ive been testing today..my videos will be much better

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright..darnit..truth be told every time I get ready to pay the due I start looking at a modification..A good example is right now im looking at purchaseing a true KN air intake set up verses just the filters I have and a BBK throttle body...The is 600-700$..I want it and I want it bad so I can do some testing to see the dyno gain and 1/4 mile gain...

I know I SHOULD use the money to join..But I cant help but want the parts ASAP...

But rest assured I will join..Promise. But they better do an event here in hawaii one day...LOL

Sell your video camera, buy the filters. We all win.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960