Door glass fit 08 Coupe

racer22

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

The top of the passenger and driver door glass are starting to hit the roof when closing the door. I'm a little reluctant to let someone get in and adjust them. Anyone else have this issue.

hyph

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You need a new window regulator most likely.

Brian E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Try this:

Index Viper Windows

1) Get in car and close the door.
2) Turn the key on to the second position. Don't start.
3) Cycle window down and hold switch for 5 seconds and release.
4) Cycle window up and hold switch for 5 seconds and release.
5) Repeat 2 more times.

OP
OP
R

racer22

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brian: does this reset/adjust the mechanism for proper calibration and fit? Thanks, Jeff

Brian E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Brian: does this reset/adjust the mechanism for proper calibration and fit? Thanks, Jeff

It sets the proper height for the up and down position of the window. (assuming your window regulator is working properly)
If you have had a dead battery/battery replacement, its very common to have to index your windows. Once set, your window glass should drop about 1/4 inch when opening the door. It will automatically go up to the full closed postion once the door is fully closed.

Last edited:

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The top of the passenger and driver door glass are starting to hit the roof when closing the door. I'm a little reluctant to let someone get in and adjust them. Anyone else have this issue.

I had the same problem with my 08. I tried the adjustment procedure several times and that didn't work. I finally had the dealer replace the window regulator and it fixed the problem.

OP
OP
R

racer22

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Brian: It took about 5 cycles but it appears to finally be there. Very close tolerance; glass to roof lip. My tech just installed a battery tender; maybe that's what happened? Thanks for your help.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang