Drag Racing

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the new date. I have to check my schedule, hopefully I can make it.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John, thought I saw your car at the races. Were you able to make it?

I am embarrased to say this, but I got everything ready to do it and then realized my helmet was expired and that I would not pass tech. I could not find a helmet in my area and calling some friends/contacts failed to produce the right size helmet.

You must have been there but did not run? How many Snakes made it out?

OP
OP
V

viperjim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was just me racing against 100+ Corvettes. I spied a yellow Viper parked along the fence but never saw it moved. Thought it was you. I ended up running 6 times. Almost nobody was running between 2-3pm. 12 of us kept going around and lining up to go again. I guess the Corvettes got tired easy! The first time I lined up at the lights I was booed. Kind of made me happy- I don't know why.
We should try to do another private rental this fall at Capital.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Coincidentally I found out who was there, it was Paul with his 1000 HP beast. I ordered my helmet last week, it is suppose to be here tomorrow. If you can dig up some info on a track rental and let me know.

I also heard about you getting booed, but everyone shut up after you busted out some 11's. Way to represent the Viper community.

OP
OP
V

viperjim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Coincidentally I found out who was there, it was Paul with his 1000 HP beast. I ordered my helmet last week, it is suppose to be here tomorrow. If you can dig up some info on a track rental and let me know.

I also heard about you getting booed, but everyone shut up after you busted out some 11's. Way to represent the Viper community.

I guess I was trying too hard being I was the only Viper there. My first run I made a great launch at 3000 rpm and power shifted into 2nd. Everything was going great until I shifted from 2nd to 5th. The clutch slipped for about 3-5 seconds but luckily grabbed. I just kept it in 5th and ended up running a 11.8 @ 108mph.
My best time was a 11.68 @ 121mph. My buddy talked me into trying a 4000rpm launch but I wasn't able to due to brackets starting and I needed to get home. Maybe next time. It ended up being a fun day.
I believe track rental for one lane is about $2000. I will check on it. If we can get 20 people- its only $100 per person for unlimited runs.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem is mustering up 20 vipers.....we would have to buddy up with another club most likely or pony up more money per person.

OP
OP
V

viperjim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem is mustering up 20 vipers.....we would have to buddy up with another club most likely or pony up more money per person.

I can get some of the guys from the Corvette Club to go as well as a friend or two.

ViperBing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's pick a date and start promoting it? It has to be a weekday, does it not?

Keep me posted! I mgiht be able to get a few people, but I would be the only Viper.

Yes, most all of the track rentals are during the week. They prefer doing them on a Friday as they can prep the track and use the track prep into the evening.

Capitol charges one rate for up to 8 people, then another rate for up to 15.

My only complaint with the last rental we had at Capitol was that the track didn't hook up that well.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been ******* with a combination of work, setting up recent events (I coordinate the two day fall cruise, dyno and Western MD cruise)

Jim and I did the two day fall and we didn't get a chance to discuss, hopefully he has made contact, if we don't hear from him soon, I will call.

Although the weather is still staying nice, we are running out of time.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456