Drag strip improvements

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need some advise on parts to help my times. Yes I beat a Z06 in the 1/8 mile, but .10 is too close! I've used the search to get some basics and this is what I think I need:
-Khumos
-NOS / propane system
-better reaction time

I'd like to know if there are other wheels that will fit the car just so I can swap on drag night. NOS sounds good given the fuel enrichment of the propane. Who has the best kit? Reaction time is all me. I got it down to .08 the other night, but I'm still not consistant. Any advise would be appreciated!

OP
OP
V

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks. I can't forget NOS though. It's embarrassing to not be able to crack 8 seconds in the 1/8 mile. Every lightly modified Cumaro and Rustang can run in the 7's. So many people stand back in AWE of the looks and the sound, only to boo me when I can't outrun a 2002 Mustang Cobra. My times are consistent, so I think the technique is right. Exactly like the advise, 1500 rpm, ease on the throttle. The big difference is I cannot powershift second. The back end breaks loose EVERY time and I end up sideways in the middle of the track. At least it gets my adrenaline pumping! I think the stickier tires would solve this, and what short of pulling the engine is the alternative to NOS? $1200 bucks versus $30-40K and no Viper for 6 months? Hell, I gave up my cert for the SRT because I just couldn't stand being Viperless! Lee Dove says his NX kit is the best and a good value. Agreement/argument anyone?

jgfurr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any chance of you going to a 1/4 strip instead of 1/8? Vipers are sooo difficult to launch right, so the 1/8 track ain't really doing you justice. You're done racing before you wind it out in 3rd and 4th. Otherwise, do what MaxWedge suggests: get some ET streets and practice launching.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine