Drags at Carlsbad, Ca. this Sunday...

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SoCal,

Is there something going on this Sunday too? I'll go if there is,
but the only thing I knew about was the 5th.
Let me Know,
Thanks,
Steve

Joel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be there but I can't bring viper,he doesn't fit on the plane too well. Look forward to seeing some viper action
bounce.gif

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ulysses & 2charmed, this Sunday the 29th is the Outlaw Bracket Series, this is the BEST time to run your car. It is not like the SRA event (I raced SRA last month and the track was like ice), the track is prepped GREAT. I'm told you'll get well over 10 runs if you wish and you can always enter a bracket and take a shot at winning some $$$$.

Joel, sorry your plane is so small but I'll look forward to meeting you.

Anyone to the North let me know if you want to join the caravan down, we will arrive at around 7am.

OP
OP

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SoCal,

What are the details? Costs, Times, etc.
Where do I sign up or do I just show up?
Thanks again for all the info!
And yes at the SRA event the track seemed very slick.

Regards,

Steve

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve,

Cost is $12 to enter the facility, and depending on what bracket you enter $20-$40 to race. For time trials only, I think it's $20 to race. You can just show up and pay once you're there. Cash only.

Gates open at 8 am, racing starts at 9 am. I will be there, along with some Vette guys, and SloCal. We are meeting at the Chevron station on the Brookhurst exit off the 405 in Fountain Valley. We will depart from there at 6 am. [NOTE: I corrected this departure time after reading SoCal's post below....]

Would love to have some more Viper guys out there!!!

Glad you're still coming, Joel.

OP
OP

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VenomLvr,

I will be there and I will bring the Z06 as the Viper is still
a long way from being broken in.
Thanks for the info!
see ya there,

Regards,
Steve

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Venom Lober, you seem to have mis-spelled my board name, I forgive you.

ALSO, we are meeting at the Chevron at the 405 & Brookhurst at 6am not 7am, are you on Mountain time?

Joel it will be good to meet you!!!

2charmed, I'm happy to hear you're bringing the sled (Z06), since Venom got his slicks I need someone to beat up on!!!!

OP
OP

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SoCal,

I can take it! I am a rookie and I know it. No pressure on me.
I would be very happy to put down a 12.6 with my Z and I have seen you put down 12.2's on a sloppy track so I am not much of a
challenge to you. But if you feel better picking on a lowely
Z with a rookie at the wheel then go for it.

See you then,
Steve

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2charmed,
Sorry, SoCal is right. We depart from the Chevron station at 6 am, not 7 am. Just wishful thinking on my part....
BTW, I never ran quicker than a 12.8 in my Z06, so don't be disappointed with upper 12's. Also, you know you need a helmet, right? Sorry if I'm stating the obvious....

SloCal,
What misspelling? P.S., you better come up with something better than Venom Lober!!!!
laugh.gif

And if you ever want to see something other than my tail lights, you better buy yourself some slicks.....
tongue.gif

OP
OP

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VenomLvr,

Some people were hitting the 12.4's with their Z's at Carlsbad
a few weeks ago. The best I did was 13.200 albeit my first day
at the strip. I am more familar with the car now and have added
a few other goodies and a few more miles on it so I think I can
get into the 12's and would be happy with anything 12.6 or less.
I set my goal at 13.2 last time and when I hit it on my last run
I decided to call it a day as it was getting very hot out.

Ulysses, I would get their before 8:00 or be ready for a long line (it goes pretty fast) It's worth it!

Regards,
Steve

IMSOSLO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ulysses is going to run???? I wouldn't miss it for the world. Glad to see you are finally going to get that car dirty. I will show up with my old slow Gen I.

Ken

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few of us are going to the drags at Carlsbads Raceway just north of San Diego this Sunday. Track should be prepped well for the Outlaw series, anyone else wanna go?

Brad Manhattan Beach

Viper Owner
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SoCal Rebell:
A few of us are going to the drags at Carlsbads Raceway just north of San Diego this Sunday. Track should be prepped well for the Outlaw series, anyone else wanna go?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Ron:

I thought that you were going on the mountain cruise, what happened? Did 341 cars on the same road at high speeds scare you? It sure scared the poop out of me. I'm passing on the cruise, but I am going to check out the starting point.

Have fun and be safe.

Brad

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Venom Lover:
See ya at 6am on Brookhurst & 405, glad to see your back on Pacific time. Sorry Venom Lober wasn't good enough, I have a new one VENOM LOSER, VENOM LOSER, VENOM LOSER!!!!!!

Ulysses:
If you can try to be there by 7am. If you can't make it that early and you are absolutely going, make sure you wave to us when you pass us on line, we'll save you a good pit space.

2charmed:
12.6 is pretty optomistic for a Z06. Last time I was there is was very slick my best was 12.23 and the Z06s were turning 13.4s. It will be better this time, I'm hoping to touch the 11s (11.99) if the air is good, the track is good and it's not too hot.

Brad:
Yeah 341 cars is too much. Last year there were 130 cars and it was fun. This year I think it will be a traffic jam not to mention police presence. Have fun, take pictures.

Weather forcast is good Hi 70 coast, 80 inland.

OP
OP

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SoCal,

If you hit sub 12.00 I'll buy the beer, but if I hit the 12.6's
you buy the beer. How's that sound?
The weather forcast I'm hearing is HOT HOT HOT
frown.gif

So the morning runs become more interesting.
Regards,
Steve

Oh and Ulysses, How come you tech guys can work all night but
you cant get up early? Be there!!!

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ulysses:
Any advice would be appreciated. I am your humble student.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK gr****opper, if you can ****** the pebble from my hand, you will beat 2charmed.

OP
OP

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK OK OK,

Slicks,- I don't need no slicks- er or I don't have any?

I guarantee I'll break 13.00 and into the 12."s so I'll
take a pitcher of Coors Lite!

Ulysses, If you don't break into the mid 12's I'll be surprised!
If you just point your car straight and punch the gas, you should
be into the 12's and you'll catch on pretty fast from there.

Regards,
Steve

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve,

I sure hope your right. I'm pumped. Should we plan on meeting at the entrance and all going in at the same time? I'll probably be a little early and wait for you all to show. I have a steel grey GTS.

OP
OP

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ulysses,

If you get there early, I would just get in line and follow all
the others to the track. I will try to be there early also and I'll have a Yellow Z06 Vette with at Black Bra. There will be plenty of time to hook up once we are all in line at the staging
point.

Regards,

Steve

brett

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ulysses you'd better show up really early. It will take you at least an hour to get from the gate to the track... You don't want to race with a "dusty" car do ya?

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve, you're on I'd be impressed if you broke 13. If neither of us hits our mark I'll spot you 6/10s ( I think that's the normal SLED rate) on best time of the day for a brew (I'll have a Bud Light please). This is a street tire wager, don't be showing up with slicks.

I checked with Yahoo & Underground weather and both say the highs for Sunday at Carlsbad (inland) is upper 70s. I'd settle for low 80s, get there early.

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK guys, 7am it is. As far as hitting our targets go, I'ld just be happy if you guys didn't fall over dead while laughing at me.

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ulysses:
OK guys, 7am it is. As far as hitting our targets go, I'ld just be happy if you guys didn't fall over dead while laughing at me.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No guarantees.

Seriously Venom Lover and I have done this many times and will go out of our way to help you and show you all the ropes. By the end of the day you'll feel like a pro, and probably have a better timeslip then 2charmed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte