Drags @ Infineon

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Infineon Raceway held it's Wed. night drags finally after all the rain we had in N Calif. It always seemed to rain of Wed. Finally a good night to race. I set my personal best 11.55 1/4 mile @121mph Went home happy but, no trophy. :headbang:

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice work! I'm thinking of taking my Challenger next week (Weds. 15th); let me know if you'll be there...

Rich

72hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Rich let me know if you decide to go. Nikki has some work thing that evening so sounds like a good excuse to head to the track.

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just talked myself into it. Wasn't hard to do.
I'll be leaving SSF around 2:15 or so; let me know when you're thinking of heading up there...

Also posted the event on the NCC calendar. Weather looks good at this point!

OP
OP
C

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
72 Hemi I have an 04 srt10 mods are quite simple actually here is the list... DC Performaance mail in tune, Corsa, BBK TB, Ported intake, Some insane clutch from BBG rock solid.... A differential from Unitrax OS Giken with 3.55 gears, MGW shifter, Thats about it.
RW99 and 72 Hemi This place is a blast to go hot rod your car ticket free. They even have stick shift lane for the gear heads. Automatics have there lane as well. Last night was really nice out they also had drifting events Wed nights also. 25 dollars to drag your car is cheaper than a movie for two. I will be there for sure since as you will soon find out it's very addicting. Greg Stockin has run there, BBG 06 Viper has run it, George from Vacaville comes down and John from Sonoma is a regular in his Viper. It's all fun win or lose. I lost last night with a bad shift to 3rd. I almost caught him. That was an early trip home but I hung out and watched the rest of the races and the drifting. I hope to see you there. The gates open around 3 and racing around 4 but you can show up anytime after the gates open. Get this as I was sitting in my car waiting to get up on the line I saw this old timer named Jack Nielson and I was thinking back when I was a kid a guy by this name use to have a race car and 63 plymouth I think called Salty One. He would fire it up now and then and do a few launches on our block. It was pretty cool to watch I was 13 or so time. So I was looking at his car which was some moded out Nova and I noticed the name Salty Racing on the rear window. So I went over and asked him and sure enough it was him. He toldme he had that car 50 years ago. This guy is now in his seventies and still racing. It was pretty cool to see him. See you there...........

Last edited:

72hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like a nice setup you are running there. I will definitely be there in my ACR probably around the time the gates open, depending on what time my meeting gets done at work. Cool story about Salty Racing BTW.

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Infineon Raceway held it's Wed. night drags finally after all the rain we had in N Calif. It always seemed to rain of Wed. Finally a good night to race. I set my personal best 11.55 1/4 mile @121mph Went home happy but, no trophy. :headbang:

Hey Canyon,

Congrats on the 11.55, that is an awesome time at Infineon! If you're not careful you'll have to get a 6 point cage:)

I would have been there but am on vacation in PR. I'll be back next week, hopefully I won't be swamped at work and can come out on Wednesday.

Cheers,
George

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I enjoy Infineon... while the prep isn't as sticky as Sac, the whole thing seems to be run a little more professionally at Sears Pt. Cheap entertainment, that's for sure!

FYI, the drags aren't running on June 22, so the next date after the 15th will be June 29th.

Rich

OP
OP
C

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Correct Nascar Event up comming.... Hey George I heard you were down there having fun. Congrats to your daughters graduation.

72hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well it looks like my Wednesday meeting got pushed back to Thursday, so I can head out any time :)

OP
OP
C

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Todd from BBG in his ACR will be there as well. I will try to get others also. I have tried to get a Viper night together but it's difficult. I guess do to the fact that theres just not that many Vipers. Corvettes are a different story.

72hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry I missed you last night, I kept trying to come by your car, but kept getting side tracked.

OP
OP
C

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ended up breaking an axle last night.... got a ride back to Napa from a CHP. He was running Top the Cops. Car still at the track. Not a big crowd last night but man it was warm.

72hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard that you broke something, that *****! It was definitely warm yesterday. I heard 86F, a lot of guys were a good half second off on their times. So is it time for a new set of unitrax axles?

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Canyon, sorry to see you break. On the other hand, I had a chance to check out your car while we were tending the wounded Challenger and wanted to compliment you. Very, very nice.

Jeebus it was too hot. My best run was just before the brackets... but still 89 degrees! Not much chance of catching PB times that were set in sub-60 degree temps.

Rich

OP
OP
C

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Canyon, sorry to see you break. On the other hand, I had a chance to check out your car while we were tending the wounded Challenger and wanted to compliment you. Very, very nice.

Jeebus it was too hot. My best run was just before the brackets... but still 89 degrees! Not much chance of catching PB times that were set in sub-60 degree temps.

Rich

Things break and I was overdue. Just a halfshaft which are pretty weak anyway on the 04 year. There hollow shafts. All the new shafts are solid so the replacement will be much improved. I broke the driver side last year. It was smoking hot out there and yes 4 tenths off the normal for sure. I saw a challenger getting towed off the track was that you guys?

72hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah that was a friend of ours. It looks like he broke a rear u-joint on the driveshaft. It's at the dealership getting fixed. The bad part is it was his first time to a dragstrip ever!

OP
OP
C

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I hope he is not disappointed in his first try out. What I like about it is just about everyone is friendly and nice to talk to and will lend a hand if you need one. After all with bracket racing you only lose to yourself. I should have mine fixed early next week. It would be fun to get some Vipers out there. It's a long drive for most but could be a fun event for the club. The only problem it's mid week. When are you taking yours down the track??????

72hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll take mine down after I get new half-shafts, when I had it at Toddy's shop getting the diff work done he mentioned it would be a good idea to upgrade mine. So I will do that before I make a trip down the 1/4 mile. I will be hitting Thunderhill in September though.

Mutts02GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey 72 and Canyon, what is required at Infineon to go down the track? Other than stoplight to stoplight racing in my earlier days I have never been down the track. I'm curious as to the type of approved helmet, which I don't have other than my motorcycle helmet, and type of clothing, fire suit, is required. I'm about an hour from Infineon between Vacaville and Davis. Thanks for the help guys I want to come out and play. I'm in for Thunderhill in September as well. Thanks again. Jeff

72hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It all depends on how fast your car runs, and the rules change every year. I think you can get a copy of the rule book from NHRA's website. For Viper's a helmet for sure, but not sure what the current required sticker is. If you run faster than 11.50 you will need a roll bar.

Mutts02GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It all depends on how fast your car runs, and the rules change every year. I think you can get a copy of the rule book from NHRA's website. For Viper's a helmet for sure, but not sure what the current required sticker is. If you run faster than 11.50 you will need a roll bar.

I'm still stock for now, except for smooth tubes, I have new headers and 3" cats and Corsa 3" cat back system waiting to be installed at Toddys place, I also ordered an SCT downloader with two tunes for the car, 91 octane tune and a race fuel tune. With the weather this warm I don't think I will see 11.50 anytime soon. Thanks. Jeff

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, here's a link to the rules & regs for Infineon's dragstrip: http://www.infineonraceway.com/documents/IRDragRules.pdf

Main surprise for me: the tech guy pointed out that I'd need an SFI approved jacket for 11.99 and below. I checked the rules, and yep, there it was. They've never said anything about that before. Also stuff in there about a mandatory DS safety loop for under 13, and no IRS cars allowed under 11.

Rich

OP
OP
C

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No jacket required for 11.99 I run in a tee shirt to 11.55 just a helmet that's approved. The jacket is I think at 11 and below.

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree, they don't enforce it. But their rule is right there in black & white for 3.2A/1 jackets: 11.99 and under.

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
rw99 did the tech guy let you run without a jacket then? Does anyone know if we have any sponsors that carry race gear? Thanks. Jeff

They did let me run... but with the temps in the upper 80's, reaching into the 11's wasn't gonna happen. Kind of a moot point that night...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper