DRB III

Goggles Pizano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guy has a one locally but just the scanner. No case nor cables.

What cables does your scanner have?

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Depends what all you want to do with it. The standard OBDII style cable that should do the vast majority of work on later model cars is the CH7000A one. The plain CH7000 still works, but I believe they highly recommend the A model if you plan to do any flashing. For just diagnostics and changing options I don't think the later cable is strictly necessary. If you want to do earlier gen 1 stuff you'll need a different cable and I believe a Supercard to go with it. I think you might need a Supercard 2 for a gen 1, otherwise the Supercard 3 covers a whole lot of other cases.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll have to check which ones mine came with but it was one heck of a buy.

God mine is S-L-O-W! I'm guessing it has more to do with the JTEC bus speed than the DRB, but it pains me every time I plug it in. I mostly use it for checking my adaptives and Inclinometer/Viper Alignment functions.

OP
OP
G

Goggles Pizano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a launch x431 but this drb came up but with nothing but the scanner and I saw on ebay various kits and cables.
Those cable assembles ain't cheap too.
If it is just a straight through cable with just different ends, I can make one for pennies. But if it has some intermediate chip then I'm SOL.

Last edited:

WALKING TALL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guy has a one locally but just the scanner. No case nor cables.

What cables does your scanner have?

This might not be much help, but this is the only cable (picture below) that came with my scanner when I bought it a few years ago. I have seen other attachments, but this is the only cable that I have needed so far. The cable below is about 12 ft long and the part number for the cable is on the bag and also on the cable too.

Attachments

• 20240524_112455.jpg
    20240524_112455.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 7

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
My kit came with a ton of cables in a huge DRB III case when I purchased it from Tech Authority in 2008 or 2009.

I only use 2 cables...one for OBD II, and a "Y" cable for OBD I where one end goes to the OBD I port and the other end of the "Y" goes to the positive terminal under the hood to power the DRB III.

In both of the above cases, the Supercard 2 works.

pokeyl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a tech on the west coast that repairs DRBIII units. That were I bought mine. He should have any cables you need.

pokeyl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$2500-3000 depends on the level of repair and condition of the unit. I have bee looking for his contact info. but so far no luck..

I found it on an E-Bay listing??? It Was 4 years ago.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
The guy you looking for posts here as

Mumbles05

Send him a PM as he has just about everything DRB III related.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jandrix302