Driving Gloves

thehouseofpower

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone happen to know where to get some nice hand made or good quality leather driving gloves here in CT. I have been looking the past few weeks, and have not come up with much thus far. I am looking for ones with a button instead of velcro. Any help would be appreciated...

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use a pair that I bought in a bicycle shop. They provide excellent support and ventilation. They are not leather and they do close with velcro. Why would you want leather and a button closure? Same does not seem very functional. Is this for some sort of fashion shoot?

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone happen to know where to get some nice hand made or good quality leather driving gloves here in CT. I have been looking the past few weeks, and have not come up with much thus far. I am looking for ones with a button instead of velcro. Any help would be appreciated...

As someone who wears gloves during street driving as well as on the track (yes, let the flames begin), there are a number of online sources such as griotsgarage.com and Wheelskins - The World's Finest Genuine Leather Motoring Accessories, Steering Wheel Covers, Driving Gloves and Shift Boots

Good luck!

/Rich

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Try one of the motorcycle shops in your area. Hey, you coming to our Dyno Day in Wtby on 5/30 and/or the coffee cruise to Rocky Hill on 5/3?

OP
OP
T

thehouseofpower

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, I was also looking for a set of high top leather boots and a nice whip as well for freak ass sex show :2tu: I mean seriously, it is pretty bad when I look mature as my wife tells me our son is more mature than I am. I wanted the gloves for a rice rocket if you must know, and I don’t like the bulky HD gloves, and was looking for something without an HD logo on it. But is it really necessary to flame club members who do like to wear them for whatever reason? Isn’t what you drive more important than what you are wearing? I mean I could be way off with that but who the hell knows :D

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
anytime i look over and see a guy wearing driving gloves, i cant but help but laugh and to assume he's ****.

and its usually a ferrari or vette

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wear Simpson nomex driving gloves at the track.

That is the only time I wear gloves in a car unless it's winter.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
try boxing gloves,so if u get into it with someone on the track-u will need them, killin 2 birds with 1 stone!:dunno:

OP
OP
T

thehouseofpower

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL, you guys are funny. I doubt leather gloves is an indication of ****** preference (leather chaps, ok that I could see). Thanks for the links rcl4668 and ViperTony, will check them out right now. I was looking for a local place if possible since I have big hands, and wanted to make sure they fit first, but hell I guess on line is the way the world works now. I appreciate the help, and let's lay off the viper guys wardrobes. If you really want a laugh, check out the turnpike on a saturday night. Some people have no self respect driving a civic and thinking they can outclass 600+ HP of american musclecar.

OP
OP
T

thehouseofpower

Enthusiast
Reaction score
try boxing gloves,so if u get into it with someone on the track-u will need them, killin 2 birds with 1 stone!:dunno:

I already have boxing gloves, but thanks for the advice. I have not had to bring them to the track however, maybe we hang out in different areas?

triplexotica

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a pair of very light black/yellow mechanix gloves the ones with the LED's on the thumbs I use once in a while especially when it gets hot.

They were really cool when they came out at the SEMA show a few years back so I just had to have them they match my car. =D

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't laugh at driving gloves. For long distance driving with the top down they are essential to prevent some seriously sunburnt's hands. For backroad twisties they also make the trip much more comfortable after about an hour or so of serious shifter and wheel work.

For track use, I have tried lots of fancy stuff, but still prefer a pair of rawhide grips. (Costco)

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
oh no, not you too Paul.....

LOL - Exactly.

There's this new product out ...what the heck is it called...DAMN....Oh yea, Suncreen. It even comes with different numbers on the lable, that I've been told determine how much the product will deflect the amount of sun.

Pretty cool stuff I hear. ;)

But seriously, I can't see using gloves anymore (It WAS cool in college) unless to avoid frostbite (i.e., driving with the top down in winter) or for fire protection (i.e., track use). I find they really insulate you from the "feel" of the steering.

Sleekride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've found them rather useful since my hands tend to sweat while driving spirited. They aid in keeping a good grip on the wheel and shifter(more than once I found myself missing a shift because my hand slipped off the shifter).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang