Driving Viper across USA and looking to hookup w/ fellow............

D.K.

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Viper owners on my epic ride back home. I will be flying to NC, buying/then driving my(new for me)Viper back home to San Diego. I'll be in NC on the 8th to conclude the transaction then driving that day to Virgina Beach to stay the night and see my niece & nephew at my Sister in law's home. I will be leaving early the next morning and heading south down the 95 to the 20, where I will be taking the 20 all the way west across this great country of our's.

Although I will be on a limited time frame due to work and family obligations, It would be really cool to hook up with some of you along the way. Maybe for a lunch along the 20 somewhere in your state. Perhaps even if we could get a few of us together, a mini cruise along the 20 for a while. I don't know just looking for ideas!!!!

I'm really looking for to this and hopefully meeting some of you. :usa:

jimster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I may be able to hook up with you in Dallas. When will you be here?

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm 15 minutes away from 20 west of Dallas, same question, when you passing through?

Eric H

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Where in NC? I am in Raleigh and would meet up for dinner/lunch drinks. I'm sure we could round up a few more in the area as well.

OP
OP
D

D.K.

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Where in NC? I am in Raleigh and would meet up for dinner/lunch drinks. I'm sure we could round up a few more in the area as well.

That would be awesome. I am arriving at the Charlotte airport relatively early Sunday morning the 8th. We are planning on just concluding the transaction right at the airport. A lunch type get together would be great. From looking at the map the best way down to the 20 would be down the 85 towards Atlanta. Does this sound good? Where are u NC guy's in relation to Charlotte? Can you make it there?

Mike

OP
OP
D

D.K.

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I'm 15 minutes away from 20 west of Dallas, same question, when you passing through?

Well, if I hook up with some guy's in Charlotte I may stay that 1st night in Atlanta or even Birmingham. It looks like with an early start I can go from Atlanta or Birmingham to DFW in 1 day's driving. Does that sound right? If so that would put me there the afternoon/evening of the 9th. Dinner get-toghter?
:usa:
Mike

jimster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Atlanta to Dallas is 16 hours. It's not realistic to try and cover that much distance without rest.

OP
OP
D

D.K.

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jon,

I'm really looking forward to meeting you and your dad! Well, especially your dad. :) hehe J/K

Jon, check your email. I sent you some pics. :usa:

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
D.K., so you are going backwards, from Charlotte, NC to Virginia Beach, VA, before going west? If so, you'll pass through the Raleigh-Durham, NC area each way potentially...

viprvenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]

Well, if I hook up with some guy's in Charlotte I may stay that 1st night in Atlanta or even Birmingham. It looks like with an early start I can go from Atlanta or Birmingham to DFW in 1 day's driving. Does that sound right? If so that would put me there the afternoon/evening of the 9th. Dinner get-toghter?
Mike

[/QUOTE]

If you make it down to Birmingham and wanna rest for the night... I work at a Holiday Inn. I will give you a killer rate and bring the Sapphire to work that night! Let me know in advance if possible. :2tu:

OP
OP
D

D.K.

Viper Owner
Reaction score
D.K., so you are going backwards, from Charlotte, NC to Virginia Beach, VA, before going west? If so, you'll pass through the Raleigh-Durham, NC area each way potentially...

Actually my plans changed since I wrote the original post. I tried to edit it(the orginal post) but it was too late for some reason.(why does this forum not allow one to eidt there own post after a certain period of time. This makes no sense to me whatsoever)
Anyway the plan is to conclude business at the airport in the A.M. in Charlotte and then have lunch or meet some of you guy's from NC area on the way to Atlanta. Does anybody want hook up around CLT?

Then drive to Atlanta and probably through Atlanta to Birmingham and stay the night there. Wake up early the next morning and continue west on hwy 20 all the way across! I'm really hoping I can meet some Viper Bros & sisters along the way. :usa:

OP
OP
D

D.K.

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Mike

[/QUOTE]

If you make it down to Birmingham and wanna rest for the night... I work at a Holiday Inn. I will give you a killer rate and bring the Sapphire to work that night! Let me know in advance if possible. :2tu:

[/QUOTE]

That would be awesome!!!! I was planning on just driving right through Atlanta that 1st day (Sunday the 8th) straight to Birmingham. I would love to stay at your Holiday INN. Where is it? Is it right off Hwy 20? :usa:

viprvenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That would be awesome!!!! I was planning on just driving right through Atlanta that 1st day (Sunday the 8th) straight to Birmingham. I would love to stay at your Holiday INN. Where is it? Is it right off Hwy 20? :usa:

PM Sent

OP
OP
D

D.K.

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I'm hoping to hook up with some of you Texas guy's! I should be coming through the DFW area Tues or Wed. maybe some of you guys who have done this run
can tell me. I am leaving Charlotte on Sunday and driving and staying the night in Birmingham. From there it's straight west on Hwy 20. I plan on driving 10-12 hrs per day.

Let's get together. :usa:

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take a moment to meet him if you can. I expect Mike is going to be one of those members eveyone has heard good things about. He genuinly seems like a really nice guy, definetly worth meeting. He has the Viper grin from ear to ear right now. All he is going to want to talk about is VIPERSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Take sometime out of your day to meet this guy, you will be glad you did.

Jon

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If someone can post up a time and location for the DFW connection, I can likely make it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte