Driving Vipers...Gen I through IV...

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Well, SPRING IS HERE !!!

Started doing some oil changes on our Vipers this week...never a minor task with our small, cluttered garage. In the process of moving cars about to get the appropriate Viper on to the lift, I ended up taking short drives (15-20 miles) in the cars to warm them up prior to the oil changes.
I therefore started with a Gen IV, then a Gen III, then a Gen II ACR...ALL wonderful cars in their own different ways (VERY different by the way!!). Then another Gen II (ABS), ending with a Gen I.

I LOVE THEM ALL...but must admit that the 95 RT/10 is probably the most FUN...not the fastest, not the most powerful, not the most comfortable ride, certainly "bare bones" as far as ammenities...just a pure, stock, raw VIPER...offering TONS of FUN (and VERY good looking)!!!

Gen I Vipers need to bow to no one in MY opinion!!!

THANKS DODGE !!!!!

EFI-1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Damn Steve, are you a dealer!?!? Must've been a killer day brutha.

I'm gonna need some pics of this collection of yours for verification purposes!

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
No, EFI-1...not a dealer...just an enthusiastic Viper owner. Wife is responsible for getting us into Vipers!!

In all sincerity, it is not often that I get the chance to cross compare the cars in a back-to-back fashion...but when I do, it is a fantastic experience ! Had a hard time going to sleep last night...was wide awake, planning my next drive!! :)

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow Steve, I didn't know you had a complete collection, now I know what you need the entire service manual collection for....not just to put on the bookshelve and make copies for me!
Do you have any pics of these cars together?

But when you have all these cars, you are able to compare them everyday aren't you?

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Hi, Roy.

Yes, when a question arises on this forum, often times I make a quick to the garage just to be sure of my facts...before making one of my wild diagnostic/theraputic guesses !! :)

There really are many differences in the various cars as they "evolved"...through the tremendous efforts of Team Viper/SRT !!

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need to see pics. :D

If you ever need someone to come down and drive your GenI or GenIV, let me know. ;)

Nick

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Nick...GR is not that far away!! Reminds me of the GR GP back in 99 (that's 1999...not 1899) that IN/KY group linked up with IL & OH VCA...had quite a coral...went to support Bobby Archer while he ran the World Chal. that year in Ben M.'s & Rich W.'s "ViperSpeed" Viper...GREAT times and folks!!! Also I'LL Pres. Rich H. led 21 Vipers south on I-196...came upon a line of 50 Vette...and you can guess the fun!! :)

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice collection! Agreed, I enjoy every time I get behind the wheel of my Gen I. Mostly because it is so Raw and I love the look.

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, Nick...GR is not that far away!! Reminds me of the GR GP back in 99 (that's 1999...not 1899) that IN/KY group linked up with IL & OH VCA...had quite a coral...went to support Bobby Archer while he ran the World Chal. that year in Ben M.'s & Rich W.'s "ViperSpeed" Viper...GREAT times and folks!!! Also I'LL Pres. Rich H. led 21 Vipers south on I-196...came upon a line of 50 Vette...and you can guess the fun!! :)

Yeah, that's a bummer the GRGP is dead. I used to root for Paul Gentilozzi in the Jags.
In '99 that would've been a massacre between Vette & Viper.

Nick

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For me, the Gen2 GTS is "the" car. You just dont get the same feeling when driving the SRT cars. Although I have yet to drive an ACR. I did not like anything about my 2006.. no head room, rattled, seat was too high. The GTS just fits me like a glove.

Purdue_Boiler_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL Steve. Your small cluttered garage has 5 Vipers in it. My small cluttered garage has 1 Viper and a riding mower.

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love the info Steve!

The only question is....... which one will arrive on Saturday to the meeting???? :dunno: