Dyno numbers on SRT/10 ??

Milksnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The California version of my '76 930 Turbo Porsche and my '79 930 Turbo Porsche were slower than the other 49 state versions and required more mods to get the performance I wanted. Will this (the Viper) be the same situation?

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's worth noting that Jerry's car is NOT a CA-specific vehicle. Since all SRTs produced are 50-state certified, I would expect that there are no CA-specific parts and that the CA cars will be no more "creamy" than those sent to the other 49-states.

Since my wife's red SRT is a CA-ordered car, and is due in imminently, we'll know soon enough. I expect to have dyno figures for it by the end of February...

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
> Ben, what is your number?

I have no idea, actually. The order in which the cars are built seems semi-random. All I [need to] know is (1) it's got my name on the window sticker and (2) it's in "shipping" status :D

opnwide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've witnessed a creampuff turn in numbers of around 350rwhp when all other creampuffs were doing 380-390 (it was a brutal humid summer day). The owner took it to Maxwell Dodge in Austin, and Vipertech David Weaver found that the computer was resetting itself everytime the key was turned on. Problem fixed.
I'd take that car in for a check up.