stock air intake with KN filters
arrow rockers
titanium exhaust
no cats
Findanza flywheel
light weight crank pully
SCT tun by Dan Lesser via email

SAE= 475 rwhp and 512 rwt

So on paper the Comp Coupe cam only gave me 11 rwhp and 18 rwt SAE.

BUT from 2000-5000 rpm's the CC cam hovered at 17-23 rwhp over the stock cam and 30-35 torque higher

You can defiently feel 20 rwhp and 30 rwt through the rpm range!

Big THANK YOU to Sean Roe. The first tune he sent me was VERY conservative and even with the cam and all mods the car only dynoed 465 rwhp SAE. I sent him the AFR's and he redid my tune free of chgarge and added 3 degrees of timing. Just like that the car went from 465 to 486 rwhp.

Makes me really wonder what kinda power he could get out of her if he was able to actually dyno tune the car. Im in Hawaii and to far away but Im gonna buy the SCT pro racer software and let a local tuner give it a try.

530 raw wheel torque is Darn near 600 crank right? The torque is pretty brutal. But Im loving it

lilgookiemonsta

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You do realize dyno numbers don't mean jack right? It's all about GAINS. Your HP can vary just on whether or not it's nice and cool outside to blistering hot. WHO CARES ABOUT NUMBERS. Get out there and drive.

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
why spend the money if you dont know if you actually get gains? How many products claim this and that but dont give anything. People posting their before and after dyno results with modifications let the rest of us know whats worth our money.

ALSO SAE puts everyone on the same playing field. You come to my dyno and hit 455 rwhp were I hit 486 rwhp and Id put money on the fact that Id walk you by a few car lengths. So not getting the dont mean jack statement?

Toma

Viper Owner
Reaction score
why spend the money if you dont know if you actually get gains? How many products claim this and that but dont give anything. People posting their before and after dyno results with modifications let the rest of us know whats worth our money.

ALSO SAE puts everyone on the same playing field. You come to my dyno and hit 455 rwhp were I hit 486 rwhp and Id put money on the fact that Id walk you by a few car lengths. So not getting the dont mean jack statement?

Yup, SAE on a NA car near sea level will be a fairly accurate back to back test.

Providing that it was the same dyno, and same testing method.

That is a decent gain though, I would like to see more of those various cam tests.

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roe raceing told me that they have done 3-4 comp coup cams on gen3's and they always see a 5-15 rwhp gain on the top end and a lil more than that through the mid range. usually they see around 10 less torque though. So I was very surprised with the healthy torque jump.

Roe raceong also sells their 710 camshaft. This one is the real deal and a part of mre still wishes I woyuld have went for it but I cant imagine trying to sell a heavily cammed viper so I just ent with the CC.

The 710 camshft plus bee hive springs and a SCT tune will gain 70-100 rwhp on a gen3 according to Roe racing.

Hopefully we will see more cam setups as time goes on

Toma

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The 710 camshft plus bee hive springs and a SCT tune will gain 70-100 rwhp on a gen3 according to Roe racing.

Hopefully we will see more cam setups as time goes on
Come on... 70?? So, I have a well tuned SRT10. Cat back, underdrive pulley, BBK throttle body.

Currently makes ~470rwhp.

You are telling me with a cam, beehives, re-tune for the cam, and nothing else, it will make 540+?? Where do I sign up!?!?!? That is Gen IV power.

:drive: That would be awesome! 244 duration at .050 is a bit lumpy lol. :2tu:

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seam roe personally guaranteed me 70 rwhp wih their 710 camshaft. of course i chickened out and went with the cc cam. he said they done quite a few and the result is 70 to 100 rwhp and they claim 700 crank hp if you do heads with it.

ive talked to sean quite a bit at this point and the way i feel is that if sean says youll pick up 70 rwhp then you will...

he told me 10 to 15 rwhp peak power with the comp coupe cam and more through the mid range and i picked up 11 rwhp peak and 20 rwhp through the mid range...and theirs still a lil left with tuneing.

so i have faith in his word

Toma

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Damn it.... yeah, I may just do it. I was going to twin turbo mine, but.... If cam gains are that high... fug it.

Only issue is, I cant leave well enough alone, I just know I wont be able to pull the heads, install valve springs, but leave the ports stock lol...

Crap. ;)

RapidRonnie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
An increase of 70 WITH the heads. Or go with Strikers and gain considerably more than that...:)

Or go with a turbo setup AFTER you build the short block...

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
An increase of 70 WITH the heads. Or go with Strikers and gain considerably more than that...:)

Or go with a turbo setup AFTER you build the short block...

Actually cam only power goes from the stock 510 crank HP to 580-600 crank HP.

Cam and heads power goes to 700 crank HP

If you doubt it ask sean roe your self. He really stands behind the 710 camshaft.

One guy gained nearly 100 rwhp from the 710 cam and tuneing

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok I posted some mis imformation 7 months ago.

I am now on the verge of installing the roe racing 710 camshaft. I love my comp coupe camshaft but feel that I will never hit more than 520 rwhp with that cam and a basic 5 angle valve job to my heads.

The comp coupe camshaft is an amazeing cam for drivability and power under the curve. But I want 550 plus rwhp.

The 710 cam when combined with a mild 5 angle valve job on stock heads will gain 60-90 rwhp over stock.

Ive been researching this cam like crazy and the cam alone plus tune is good for 25-40 rwhp over the stock gen3 cam.

Ill be ordering the following by this coming tuesday.

710 cam
Roe sct supporting tune
Needed gaskets
Behive srings

Ill be updateing my 710 cam progress in the gen3 section

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte