DYNOJET: 723.6 RWHP / 625 RWTQ Thanks to DC Performance and Woodhouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, enough talking:
IMG00171.jpg

I went to 'their guy' (MikeR & Illsmoq's Home Dyno) and had the car dynoJet DYNOED.

The dyno operator said "Thats the best tune I have ever seen on one of those"

I'm done. I spent $125 to keep my name above reproach for being accused of lieing.

Jon

BLWNGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, enough talking:

I went to 'their guy' (MikeR & Illsmoq's Home Dyno) and had the car dynoJet DYNOED.

The dyno operator said "Thats the best tune I have ever seen on one of those"

I'm done. I spent $125 to keep my name above reproach for being accused of lieing.

Jon

you can't count the spike at the end.... That is not power your car is putting down.

Last edited by a moderator:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
damn nice looking graph jon. congrats to you and DC for that nice tune

looks like a lot of power under the curve too

BLWNGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok... What happens at the end of a Dyno Pull is that when the clutch is depressed, the dyno spins up a little faster and you sometimes get a spike. You are suppose to just let off the gas to get the true power then push in the clutch. I have talked to multiple dyno operators and thought about buying or leasing one myself so i talked to the local rep. What the operator is suppose to do is take the spike out since it is not valid to the cars true horsepower... Most places will even tell you right there.... Its more of a bragging rights though so most leave it in!
I have been guilty of leaving it in some of my old dyno charts.... but it is not the true power.

Once again my props go out to DC... that is a BEAUTIFUL a/f line!!

Last edited by a moderator:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon thanks for posting the chart. Those are some nice numbers, simply awesome. I've been caught in this NA->Roe->Paxton loop but I think your story is leaning me towards Paxton. I hope I can get similiar numbers when the time comes. Question: Is that dip between 4800RPM and 5250RPM normal? I wonder if it could be tuned out but your AFR looks stellar. Nice job.

P.S. Play nice boys. :2tu:

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting. You are running a shade under 700RWHP when the graph is corrected for the spike at the end which is consistent with Dan's comment. Your A/F is above 12 all the way across the RPM range. It appears to be in the 12.5 range for a good part of the run. As suspected, you are running leaner than many who have posted their dyno results from a Gen III with a stock Paxton kit on a basically stock engine. Was this run on 91 octane fuel? If not, what octane fuel was used? Also, the graph does not show boost level, temperature, barometric pressure, humidity, correction factor ( if any) and smoothing used. If it is still available, perhaps you could have someone post all of the data from the run. The additional data will heighten our ability to understand the origin and meaning of the results.

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon thanks for posting the chart. Those are some nice numbers, simply awesome. I've been caught in this NA->Roe->Paxton loop but I think your story is leaning me towards Paxton. I hope I can get similiar numbers when the time comes. Question: Is that dip between 4800RPM and 5250RPM normal? I wonder if it could be tuned out but your AFR looks stellar. Nice job.

P.S. Play nice boys. :2tu:

I've actually always had those dips, even when I Paxton'd my gen II. I think you'll see they are pretty common. Others (who play nicely) are more then welcome to post up their similar dyno charts and lets compare.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jon, actulally with the spike, and it being at 6400 rpm or so, I think your actually under 700 rwhp. Not being a ****, just pointing out the obvious. They should have done the smooothing. Anyways still good numbers, strong car and nice flat AFR.

X-Metal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've actually always had those dips, even when I Paxton'd my gen II. I think you'll see they are pretty common. Others (who play nicely) are more then welcome to post up their similar dyno charts and lets compare.
dude, your numbers are legit. I have taken many gen3's with nothing more than a paxton, rocker arms, xmetal throttle body and exhaust over 715hp at the tires. this was all done with ONLY 8lbs of boost as paxton configured it
in fact on this forum here is the dyno graph from my shop, from a few years back:
http://forums.viperclub.org/tuning/607918-2004-mamba-x-metal.html

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Jon,
Nice numbers, no matter how you slice it.

Now when you want to get your car into the 10's, give me a call ..............................................................................:D :D :D

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
here are the best graphs of the day for both of us.

power
You must be registered for see images attach

air fuel
You must be registered for see images attach

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the spikes are from bouncing off the rev limiter....works like a jack hammer.

Jon made a little over 700rwhp

When you guys look at the a/f on these dyno sheets, the graph is squished. The second graph I posted up shows what the a/f ratio looks like when you plot the graph in the same manner that we post the hp and tq....not quite so flat but Jons a/f looks good anyway. Also the a/f ratio will be different from machine to machine....though when compared to my innovate wideband, this one is on par with what my gauge tells me...my car runs rich.

Looks like mine will hold up another year...next year I'm going into the motor I think.

BTW my clocked paxton tensionor did not stay clocked ( the locater pin broke off) so I had to repair the DLM part. I'll post pics later on tonight.

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol. Doug, you do realize im stock 8 lbs of boost and 91 octane.

Curtis is 10 lbs pulley (course you know this you sold it to him) and 100 octane.

So now you tell me who really won, honestly. Less gas and less boost, and I made the most power.

This whole thing turned into something it was never meant to be, but lets keep it real.

Jon

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Undoubtedly, the leaner car made more power. ILLSMOQ, did you log the boost via graph?

You guys should be proud! Power looks great - congrats!

Doug, sorry no. I couldn't get my lap top to talk to the split second box, I tried a few times and the computer didn't like it. I always have trouble getting them to interface and usually I can get it to work...but today it just wouldn't.

Also the dyno opperator was not able to read boost off my car

Last edited:

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Curtis is 10 lbs pulley (course you know this you sold it to him) and 100 octane.

So now you tell me who really won, honestly. Less gas and less boost, and I made the most power.

This whole thing turned into something it was never meant to be, but lets give props where they belong.

Jon

Hey John! it's Kurtis with a K ..!..

Reaction score
The earlier post indicated 732/670; where'd the 45 lb-ft go?

I thought the same, although, without the air temp data to review, one could suspect heat soak may be evident and that very well could have resulted in the discrepancy.

Also, I didn't doubt Jon's hp numbers for even a moment - not to discredit, it was the 11.5 a/f that originally had me puzzled.

Congrats guys! DC did a fine job tuning!

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The earlier post indicated 732/670; where'd the 45 lb-ft go?

In the other thread Dan popped in to let us know he now uses a "dyno pak" dyno as opposed to the dyno jet we are accustomed to. the dyno pak may be a little generous.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought the same, although, without the air temp data to review, one could suspect heat soak may be evident and that very well could have resulted in the discrepancy.

Also, I didn't doubt Jon's hp numbers for even a moment - not to discredit, it was the 11.5 a/f that originally had me puzzled.

Congrats guys! DC did a fine job tuning!

If the pounds of air consumed was down at peak volumetric efficiency (peak torque) wouldn't it be down across the RPM range and maybe worst at peak RPM?

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the other thread Dan popped in to let us know he now uses a "dyno pak" dyno as opposed to the dyno jet we are accustomed to. the dyno pak may be a little generous.

mmm...

HP = (torque*RPM)/5252

A difference of 45lb-ft at 5000 RPM is a difference of 43hp.

Reaction score

This whole thing turned into something it was never meant to be, but lets keep it real.

Jon
Jon, Congrats! ... and yes and no, you just supported my theory; "Quality," not "Quantity" prevail.

Also, without logging the boost comparatively, you cannot adequately conclude 6,7,8 or 10 lbs of boost. A smaller pulley can hurt you more than it can help you if don't know what is going on in the upper power band.

As I previously mentioned, I would have like to have seen Kurtis data log his boost numbers. If he indeed is running a smaller pulley (and he is) he very well "could" be scrubbing boost.

Kurtis, I believe the 100 is over octaning. Only a "pinch" of 100 oct would suffice. Too much octane is the same as removing timing and leaving power under the table.

I want to make things perfectly clear - I don't doubt or discredit anything you guys are doing :) I find the mechanics of it all fun and amusing and I really appreciate your postings!

Congrats and thanks for the info!
Doug

Reaction score
Doug, sorry no. I couldn't get my lap top to talk to the split second box, I tried a few times and the computer didn't like it. I always have trouble getting them to interface and usually I can get it to work...but today it just wouldn't.

Also the dyno opperator was not able to read boost off my car

No problem Kurtis! Let me know if I can help you get logged on? I do it everyday :)

Looks like you had more fun than me today :drive:

Doug

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon, Congrats! ... and yes and no, you just supported my theory; "Quality," not "Quantity" prevail.

Also, without logging the boost comparatively, you cannot adequately conclude 6,7,8 or 10 lbs of boost. A smaller pulley can hurt you more than it can help you if don't know what is going on in the upper power band.

As I previously mentioned, I would have like to have seen Kurtis data log his boost numbers. If he indeed is running a smaller pulley (and he is) he very well "could" be scrubbing boost.

I've logged it before, it gets over 10 pounds...no slip

Kurtis, I believe the 100 is over octaning. Only a "pinch" of 100 oct would suffice. Too much octane is the same as removing timing and leaving power under the table.

Glad to see another person finally agrees with me...at least I think this is somewhat in agreement with what I was saying about octane in the other thread. I am aware that I am "over ocataning" but it makes me feel better knowing that's I'm pushing more boost than is recomended on a tune tailored to the the stock pully...also it's not full on 100, it's more like 50/50 100/91:dunno::drive::2tu:

I want to make things perfectly clear - I don't doubt or discredit anything you guys are doing :) I find the mechanics of it all fun and amusing and I really appreciate your postings!

Congrats and thanks for the postings!
Doug

fun stuff and I got off cheap with the bet...9 dollars covered Jons lunch my lunch and two cans of strawberry soda:2tu:

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Jon,
Nice numbers, no matter how you slice it.

Now when you want to get your car into the 10's, give me a call ..............................................................................:D :D :D

Dude, you're a year behind, I did 10s last year with 640 rwhp. So no need to call you, matter of fact, stop calling me punk.. I dont like you like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang