EBC pads

22YRSOLD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry guys. i remember this post but cant find it. Did the search.
i got the pads and there is a wire on the pads for the front brakes. do cut it off. have a gen 1. If i matters The rears pads come with 4 litle clips. Does anyone know what the clips are for. i dont want to miss anything. im doing the job myself.
thank you

OP
OP

22YRSOLD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you, i cut them off. Now iknow this is a stupid question. what what so u do so u can bed the brakes properly????? am i suppoosed to do any do's or dont's????????

Purdue_Boiler_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you have a Service Manual for the car? The rear brakes can be screwed up if you don't do the job right. By clips, do you mean shims?

OP
OP

22YRSOLD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
no i figured it out. for the front breaks came a wire. something i didnt need. now the rear brake pads came with little clips like bent bobby pins. but those are for other car makes. not needed for the viper.
how do i bed the brakes

Purdue_Boiler_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm assuming you got EBC greens. The instructions come with a break in procedure. I found that the rotor resurfacing is very important to getting squeal free. Get the 3M rotor resurfacing kit (ROLOC) and have at it. I also used "disc brake quiet" to get mine silent.

OP
OP

22YRSOLD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i got ebc red stuff for the front and the green for the back. i didnt get the bedding procedures in the box. weired. do u know?? or i will just check the website

Purdue_Boiler_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know why you would do red in the front and green in the back. Different applications. Green is for street driving. If you are tracking the car, Green is not good.

OP
OP

22YRSOLD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this is something that i wanted to try. i hared that ebc greensin the front ware fast. 80 percent of braking is in the front 20 in the back. the car is very heavy. will front pad will heat up quick. just something i want to experience. thats all. maybe ill be changing them soon...maybe ill like. wel see

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc