Emblems on or off

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I removed the 4 emblems on my 2003, and was going to change color to a chrome vinly. After looking at the car with no emblems on it, i actually think it looks better.Decisions, decisions.
It would be black with the chrome vinyl.What do you think!!

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look at my car in my Avatar pic. It was "shaved" as the kids say, when I got it. I bought the emblems, but never put them on. I like the look without them, and it makes it different from everyone else's. Actually won an award at a car show with plenty of other Vipers in attendance, and that's the only reason I can think of for winning. Everyone has them on, be different and leave them off. People will know it's a Viper either way!

OP
OP
W

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I might leave it bare for a while. My dining table has emblems and a graphics design waiting to go on. Its been sitting there at least 3 weeks already LOL

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I only have the front bumper emblem, and custom side logo's in silver...nothing else. I do think the side sill needs something, otherwise its too bare...the rear bumper looks best shaved, much like other things;)

You must be registered for see images attach

ghengishahn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would put them back on. You just put the Viper emblems on your calipers. Viper is such an "alpha" name for a car and I would proudly display it.

OP
OP
W

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ya after looking above at Hanks car, that looks pretty good.And so do those wheels. CCW's, I forged, i cant tell but they are sweet.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would put them back on. You just put the Viper emblems on your calipers. Viper is such an "alpha" name for a car and I would proudly display it.

Maybe he should put Sneaky Pete on the bumper since he used gen I/II font for the calipers

vpower01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I only have the front bumper emblem, and custom side logo's in silver...nothing else. I do think the side sill needs something, otherwise its too bare...the rear bumper looks best shaved, much like other things;)

Those rims do look awesome!

I did think about taking the rear one off mine just never did it.:dunno:

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
whenever I see emblems off or misplaced on a car. This first thing I think of is, the car has been hit.. Because MOST of the time, it has.. Just keep in mind, once they are pulled. Its tough to get them back in place properly. Just something to think about.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
At this point the idea is whether you want to spend the bucks. Factory Viper emblems in Silver are mucho denaro. If you do a Silver vinyl you can spend alot less, but then it may not have the highline effect you want on your Snake. You might want to just take a breather as some suggested and opt on whether you want to go all out , skip it , or go the vinyl route ( I think this is the least expensive way to go , but you may be disatisfied with the end result, IMHO )

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I left mine off my rocker panels after I had them painted I still have the fron and rear on. I like them off the rocker panels.

OP
OP
W

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Im probably going to install then. They weren't cheap by any means. The fender badges ran 150 alone. Getting them on perfectly wont be much of a problem. I took pictures and im pretty crazy about "perfect". Nice thing about the fender emblems is they come in a perfect rectangular sheet, so all you really need to do is get your vertical correct. A little masking tape can do that. They will be perfect when im done,or pretty close to it.

97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been badgeless for about a year and probably won't go back. On a black car, I think that the emblems detract from the sinister look. I'm certainly not ashamed of the Viper, quite the opposite but I love it when someone (usually older) circles the car looking for some clue as to what it is.

If I did put badges back on I would use the chrome vinyl ones.

Ron

OP
OP
W

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Maybe he should put Sneaky Pete on the bumper since he used gen I/II font for the calipers

Those were the only stickers i could find for the calipers. And seeing ive only seen 1 viper on the road here in 4 months, only you could tell.They definately wake up the wheels.:)

Jroc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im a fan of it shaven. Off the rear and side sills.

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I originally had mine painted to match my stripes. Then I got a look at the car without any badges and was smitten.

Currently badgeless (except for Sneaky Pete on the front fascia) for over a year and lovin' it! I personally think the car looks a lot cleaner without them but to each their own.

ssjcreeper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've been drooling over that car too. Those are 360 Forged wheels. Gorgeous.

Ya after looking above at Hanks car, that looks pretty good.And so do those wheels. CCW's, I forged, i cant tell but they are sweet.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most cars that are badgeless are accident cars..looks ok but keep your badges to put back on for resale. Id have a hard time buying a badgeless viper..my first gen 2 was badgless and the tell tell sighns of prior accidents soon showed their face