Emissions test, Pass or not???

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Emissions for IL???

I was all set to go and then a friend told me he did not think my car would pass.

He said the 708 cam was too aggressive with the belengers.

OK, do you think a 1997 GTS, with high flow cats, Belenger headers, Corsa cat back and a DC performance tune would pass emissions?

I have to go this week.

Thanks in advance!

RD

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't know about IL but every other state I do know of only plugs their computer into your OBD II port. As long as your car has no visible smoke out the exhaust and your I/M monitors show complete, you would pass. Get a code reader and check the I/M monitors. If any show "Fail" your CEL would be on and you would fail inspection. If they show incomplete, you will not pass inspection and you will need to drive car till they complete the test.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In NY, depending on car age, you can have one of the monitors "fail." I had this with a '97 Intrepid and still passed the annual inspection.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
CA is the worst, and My bet is you will pass IL even with a sniffer. What's the penalty? A re-test?

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CA is the worst, and My bet is you will pass IL even with a sniffer. What's the penalty? A re-test?

Can't be any worse penalty than in CA - here they execute you if you fail. At least they did that when they had budget - now they just keep charging you more and more money with the hope that they eventually have the money to execute you some day...

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have b & B Headers, hi flow cats B & B exhaust, paxton on a GTS and passed emissions in Virginia which is pretty strict. Tune was by West Coast Vipers.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good deal.

At most places around the Chicago metro areas you can be pouring raw nitromethane out the back....if the computer says you're good, you're good!;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang