Enclosed trailer questions 24' Featherlite, securing spare tires, generator location?

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Enclosed trailer questions 24' Featherlite, securing spare tires, generator locat

That seems extremely high to me. Honestly, I would try another Featherlite dealer just to get an idea. Maybe I'm missing something but I can't see that trailer being more than $24K set up as basic as you have it.

I got a quote for 30' car trailer with living quarters in the front (bathroom, shower, microwave, fridge, etc) and it came to $34K....it wasn't a Featherlite but still.....

You may also want to check out a trailer design out of Sacramento called TPD....give them a call and give them your wishlist of options. I would put them in the same league as a Featherlite. I'm thinking you'd be way under $30K.

Good luck,
George

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Re: Enclosed trailer questions 24' Featherlite, securing spare tires, generator locat

Sounds high to me too.

You need to do some shopping.

Dan

OP
OP
M

Magnus_

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Alright, we tweaked a few things. Took off the side awning and the rear door winch assist. Also had them add 16" wheels and E load tires.

Waiting for an updated quote and pics from featherlite for some of the etrac wall installations they've done, as well as generator compartments and cabinets.

The quote does seem high. I'll see what I can negotiate them down to after we nail down the options list.

OP
OP
M

Magnus_

Viper Owner
Reaction score

So now that we're working out the details of the trailer, I'm wondering do I really need a 24' trailer?

15' for the car
2' for a 1' buffer on each end of the car
2' for the cabinets

That leaves me with 6' left.

I really only need room for my spare tires.

Maybe a 22' would be more ideal. That should give me 4' between the nose of the car and the cabinets.

OP
OP
M

Magnus_

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Another question is, if I were to go with a 24' trailer, why not just go goose neck since I would need a pickup to tow it anyway?

OP
OP
M

Magnus_

Viper Owner
Reaction score

New quote is $33K, so we're moving in the right direction.

OP
OP
M

Magnus_

Viper Owner
Reaction score

So now I'm thinking about the generator and air compressor.

I think it would be better to NOT get compartments for these items as they may change in size as my needs change. I'm thinking I can just bring them with, strapped inside the trailer, and pull them out of the trailer if I ever need to use them.

Thoughts?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ar Tee Ten