Engine Shine ?

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone used Griots engine shine or a similar product?Idea seems good but I am hesitant to spray anything and then find out it is crap.

Iceman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Engine Shine looks awesome. But it does work like a paint. So be careful where you spray. It will make your hoses look really shiny.

Luna C

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have had great success with Sonus Motorcoat. It had lasted 6 months on a DD and the engine compartment still looks new. The vehicle I used it on was a '02 F150 with 80k on it.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless you have a flock of pigeons living in your engine I think you'll be surprised at how shine you'll get from a quick engine wash followed up Griot's Undercarriage Spray. Think of it as SpeedShine for your engine.

OP
OP
G

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have used the undercarriage spray its just so greasy.the engine/compartment is really clean as it is just thought if I could use something to make it easier to keep clean
I would.Dave where can I get those tickets?:lmao:

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used that on my engine bay (not engine) and regretted it! After a year or so it made everything dull and looked shi**y!, and had to use OOPS to get all the crap off. Looked good the first month or so, but clean parts look a lot better then shiny. But its your call.

OP
OP
G

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats what I worried about,I typically do not use anything on the engine compartment as I dont want to have to clean it off.Thanks, I wondered about that I could always use it on my wifes truck!

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just checked the Griots site and yeah that what I used, the engine gloss.

I spent a hell of time getting all the gunk off and now it all looks new again!

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use Adam's Polishes "In and Out Spray", no residue, non greasy, easy on, and it last a long time. Works on plastic, rubber, steel, etc. Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Dr. Ima A. Hole

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use Adam's Polishes "In and Out Spray", no residue, non greasy, easy on, and it last a long time. Works on plastic, rubber, steel, etc. Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Dr. Ima A. Hole

They stopped making In and Out due to the VOC regulations, what a shame. I have one can and am using it sparingly. I think chemical guys sells something similar but I hear it is shinier. No first hand experience with it.

Instantly shines and protects vinyl, plastic, rubber, metal, glass, leather and many other materials. Sprayed surfaces are water, dirt, and stain resistant.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those of you that like to use WD-40 for under hood dressing...

WD-40 is 50% mineral spirits, 15% mineral oil.

Typical radiator hose is EPDM rubber.

Typical fan belt and fuel hose is neoprene.

Mineral spirits gets a severe corrosion rating on EPDM, and milder on neoprene.

I'd use something else.

All of this info available at Wikipedia and Cole Parmer's web sites.

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
good results with this.

Exterior Trim Coating G13415 Product Information

416IMG_2691.JPG

416ViperEngineAfter1.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep Them coming its appreciated,I think I will try that meguiars product looks low impact and very non permanent.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave, i dont just go spraying the WD40 on the engine directly. i spray it onto a clean rag and then wipe the engine down. never had a problem with the hoses

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang