Engine vin tag

treed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking to purchase a second viper... Is it even possible to see/read a VIN tag on the engine block, while it's in the car? If so, any suggestions for doing this?

Thanks,
Tim

GTSHolgi

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It is possible, but hard though.... it is somewhere on the passenger side under the coilpacks, you need a flashlight to find it. I don't remember if you can really read the full VIN or just the few letters... Good luck!

OP
OP
T

treed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any chance anyone has a picture of the engine VIN tag in or out of the car? Just so I have a better idea what I'm looking for?

Thanks,
Tim

OP
OP
T

treed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey FatBoy 18, I've seen that before... it's hard to tell from that drawing, though, where the VIN really is... top? bottom? side? etc. That arrow isn't helping. I've spent an hour or more looking... not finding anything in that general location. I'm expecting to at least find a corner of a tag somewhere... nothing so far, even searching with a small mirror and a flashlight... :(

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lower Front right hand side of Engine Block (not heads) for the serial number casting Near the oil line pick up

Vin is also on the lower part of the Block near the starter motor. hope that helps.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave