Euroteck or Stoptech rotors

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really like my Eurotecks.
No problems even though they are crossdrilled...:omg:
Haven't heard of any one else with problems either.

Not that there's anything wrong with the Stoptechs.

But

For the sake of comparison. Say the performance were the same...
The Eurotechs win hands down in the "looks" comparison...IMO

slate_pc_eurotecks_008.jpg

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:[For the sake of comparison. Say the performance were the same...
The Eurotechs win hands down in the "looks" comparison...IMO]

I have both and can compare side by side...the stoptechs have a dull paint appearance while the Eurotechs a natural aluminum look.... so if you are looking to dress-up the area between the wheels,the Eurotechs shine....

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can only comment that Neil at Eurotek is great to work with. Some of the best customer service I have ever received!

Andy:2tu:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Euroteck here.

Or quoting what bottlefed says about my car, just another one of my stupid poser mods! :rolaugh:

You must be registered for see images

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gee Dave you go all the way out - even matching color coded lift jacks...don't tell me you have four in the same color... Lol..

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From a performance stand point, you will not see a difference between the two. It really comes down to which you like better in terms of looks. Both are excellent on the track. Our slotted just looked a lot cleaner then the stoptech ones, and then we also offer the drilled and slotted which stoptech does not. Ours also come standard with zinc plated rotors. Stoptech charges more for that. Both are great rotors...

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've tracked my car a few times with the Euroteck slotted rotors. No complaints here. I think they look better than the Stoptechs do.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Would not buy drilled rotors for the track.....for the street and cruising, they look great. Seen too many drilled rotors crack at the drilled "holes" in track situations.

Wonder how they compare price wise - anyone know?

From the pictures posted by dave6666, the Eurotech rotor rings appear identical to the Stoptech rotor rings while the hats of course are different. Is it possible that the rotor "rings" are from the same supplier?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Looking to buy a set, which brand would you suggest.
Which one is more durable for track use.

Would not buy drilled rotors for the track.....for the street and cruising, they look great. Seen too many drilled rotors crack at the drilled "holes" in track situations. Wonder how they compare price wise - anyone know?.......

SRT-Team Viper chose StopTech for the 08-09 ACR and the VCC, with a Brembo option for VCC. Slots of course, for track users. They are light, Aero-vane cool-running, with excellent durability. Replacement rotor rings are reasonably priced!

I asked the NARRA-Viper Days tech inspector last month if he had EVER SEEN a set of that other brand on a VRL-NARRA track car, and he stated "no".....He was not aware of the brand or any users in NARRA/Viper days. He had seen StopTech rotors on many, many cars, in most SESSIONS.

I may be a bit biased because we sell a lot of them, but the 'educated bias' comes from personal experience in many years of tracking and using StopTech. I would certainly like to hear from any heavy track users of either Brand.....any rotor can do 1-2 track days / year with average results. But there are Thousands of heavy track users on StopTech...Viper, BMW, Audi, Vette, and many class-champions in their stable. Can the OB claim any class champs on track? Car Shows FOR SURE ! They are indeed pretty. I do agree the OB is prettier. But so are Baers!

Since you, DJ, a VCA regional prez asked prices here, StopTechs are well under $1600/4 to VCA. Replacement rotor rings are not expensive. But car-show guys can also choose **** slotted/drilled/plated Baers for under $1100/set VCA.

Last edited:

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Either system is good but go with slotted only. Stoptech is real popular at Viper Days. The right brake pads are just as important.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
stoptech for the looks . i prefer the blacked out center against the chrome
V10.JPG

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is going to turn into a Coke or Pepsi thread.:eater: I would say get which ever you like. OP-Either one in slotted would be great for the track.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is going to turn into a Coke or Pepsi thread.

Ain't that the truth.

I don't think anyone will argue that StopTech has a reputation based on years of racing history. I'll add to that in my best guess that StopTech has been in business longer than Euroteck. Probably more $sponsorships$ and $contingency$ over that longer history that StopTech has. Helps make a name sturdy in the pits and on the forums don't it?. But just because they have a name, does not mean that Euroteck is not just as adequate.

If you think that Euroteck are not as good as StopTech, state some cases of failure. Post some links.

:eater:

Yeah, Coke... Pepsi... :rolleyes:

I went with the looks of the Euroteck over the StopTech. Because I'm not gullible enough to buy the PR BS over just some racing stories.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gee Dave you go all the way out - even matching color coded lift jacks...don't tell me you have four in the same color... Lol..

An interesting phenomena for sure Art. Yup, I needed 2 (two) floor jacks, so I bought them at the same time at the same place with the same part number and description. And they freakin' match! Isn't that wild???

And guess what? The tires that I have match too front to front, rear to rear! Rims? Oh yeah baby! DNA central as you gaze around the GTS! Heck, even my shoes match!

Freakin' unbelievable!!!

:rolleyes:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Coke cans and bottles are better than Pepsi cans and bottles.

Fountain Coke and Pepsi are very close with the edge maybe going to Pepsi.

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRT-Team Viper chose StopTech for the 08-09 ACR and the VCC, with a Brembo option for VCC. Slots of course, for track users. They are light, Aero-vane cool-running, with excellent durability. Replacement rotor rings are reasonably priced!

I asked the NARRA-Viper Days tech inspector last month if he had EVER SEEN a set of that other brand on a VRL-NARRA track car, and he stated "no".....He was not aware of the brand or any users in NARRA/Viper days. He had seen StopTech rotors on many, many cars, in most SESSIONS.

I may be a bit biased because we sell a lot of them, but the 'educated bias' comes from personal experience in many years of tracking and using StopTech. I would certainly like to hear from any heavy track users of either Brand.....any rotor can do 1-2 track days / year with average results. But there are Thousands of heavy track users on StopTech...Viper, BMW, Audi, Vette, and many class-champions in their stable. Can the OB claim any class champs on track? Car Shows FOR SURE ! They are indeed pretty. I do agree the OB is prettier. But so are Baers!

Since you, DJ, a VCA regional prez asked prices here, StopTechs are well under $1600/4 to VCA. Replacement rotor rings are not expensive. But car-show guys can also choose **** slotted/drilled/plated Baers for under $1100/set VCA.

LOL!:rolaugh:

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I find myself having dirty dreams of Euroteck slotted/drilled rotors. Does that make me a Viper pervert?

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they're very comparable performance wise, how do they compare in terms of price?

OKFireChief

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Had Euroteck for 3 years now on my 06 coupe. Two years of Viper Days and local track events. Have performance friction pads on front and brakeman 3's on the rear (installed by Archer at Viper days) ...

The Eurotecks are awesome! Stop well, look great. Be safe out there folks! :)

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your Viper won't know what I'm doing to it, the next time I see those rotors :lmao:

Check list for once you get them off and to the casa:

-> Notice they are all SRT fronts; Gen 2 Big Brake Kit

-> Multiple ***'s. Try harmonizing them with your cat.

-> Get wheel well detail bucket and brushes ready for the return installation...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang