Exact Fit Aluminum Radiator

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My GTS is need of a new radiator. I am looking for an aluminum radiator that fits correctly with no cutting or modification. I have read of certain brands you need to trim this and cut that to make it fit. Is it best or nessessary to remove the hood to change it as well? thanks..AL

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems like you would have to remove your hood to replace any type of radiator.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i took my factory radiator out once without removing the hood - it was a PITA.

since then, experience has taught me that removing the facory hood is a piece of cake and removing the hood would make things ALOT easier.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
since then, experience has taught me that removing the facory hood is a piece of cake and removing the hood would make things ALOT easier.

Is there any way to do it by yourself? How do you get the bolts back in when you are trying to hold onto the hood at the same time?

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Is there any way to do it by yourself? How do you get the bolts back in when you are trying to hold onto the hood at the same time?

no. you really need three people to do the job IMO to remove and install. one person unbolts, while the other two hold and lift the hood off of the hinge assy.

Hissses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just installed an Alan's Performance Radiator and fit perfectly, no modification. Taking the hood off was eazy with 2 friends and made it really eazy to get to the radiator. Just be really careful on the mounting bolts. Had different tread type and use care as they are not real strong, break very eazy. Air box fits back in perfectly.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FYI - the hood is not very heavy and can be lifted right off.

also, the hood has (4) bolts that are molded right into the hood. the hinge assy has (4) holes that these bolts drop right into. there is no adjusting needed whatsoever. if you have ever slipped a bolt through a washer, you can take the hood off. ;)

also, before lifting hood off, set out two saw horses with LOTS of towels on them so not to damage the hood pad. lift the hood off, then the person who unbolts the hood is the one who correctly positions them under the hood before you set the hood down on the saw horses.

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron Davis Aluminum radiator is a drop in, exact fit - just did it a couple months ago; including the left side radiator hose snout is angled in to receive the hose with no interference with the hood lifting braces. Remove air tubes and air box, remove fan, unbolt radiator, and that is basically it. Use the studs from your old radiator for the fan and radiator bolt in.

http://www.rondavisradiators.com/

Contact JonB at Parts Rack:
http://partsrack.blastmart.com/customer/home.php

[email protected], or by phone at (360) 837-3937.

Later,

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alan's radiator is quite nice. I have that one in my car. Paolo also found someone to make a similar radiator for a little less $$$. The ron davis is nice. the fluidyne is considered by some to be a waste. do a SEARCH and there are some older threads about the benefits (or lack thereof) of aluminum radiators in the viper. but that was pre Alan/Paolo coming up with a dual or triple pass.

JD

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alan's radiator is quite nice. I have that one in my car. Paolo also found someone to make a similar radiator for a little less $$$. The ron davis is nice. the fluidyne is considered by some to be a waste. do a SEARCH and there are some older threads about the benefits (or lack thereof) of aluminum radiators in the viper. but that was pre Alan/Paolo coming up with a dual or triple pass.

BTW - where is paolo? havent heard from him in a long time.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron Davis Aluminum radiator is a drop in, exact fit - just did it a couple months ago; including the left side radiator hose snout is angled in to receive the hose with no interference with the hood lifting braces. Remove air tubes and air box, remove fan, unbolt radiator, and that is basically it. Use the studs from your old radiator for the fan and radiator bolt in.

http://www.rondavisradiators.com/

Contact JonB at Parts Rack:
http://partsrack.blastmart.com/customer/home.php

[email protected], or by phone at (360) 837-3937.

Later,

Really?? I had a Ron Davis w/ oil cooler, and it was not a direct bolt in. I had to modify the cooling fan shroud, and even adjust the fan itself. From my experience Ron Davis is NOT a direct bolt w/ no cutting of anything on my 2002 ACR at the time.

Jon

Jim Wilson

Enthusiast
Reaction score

[/QUOTE]

I have the Ron Davis one, and it directly bolted in. I also removed the hood by myself by making slings out of king sized bed sheets, a tiedown, some rags, come-along, clevis and eye bolt to the ceiling. Worked great.....had some friends help put it back on though.

PA130002.JPG

I'm curious if anyone else has tried this crazy stunt? :confused:

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a crazy stunt alright. :eek:

what's those plates on the ground? Is it an in ground lift?

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did the Fluidyne a few months ago. Came slightly damaged (fins). Requires cutting the fan assembly to clear the lower radiator hose fixture. Requires new holes in the fan assembly to fit. Required cutting several misplaced fan mounting bolts from the support structure (really stupid design). Fan shroud/assembly fits POORLY regardless. Requires new length of tubing to fasten the overflow bottle back to the radiator. Requires modifying the factory air box. Requires modifying (shortening) the intake tubes (Smooth tubes in my case). I did it without removing the hood...no big deal at all. BUT after all the surprises were resolved...works great. If I were to do it all over again...Alan's would be my recommendation with hesitation. EXACT FIT NOT>>>

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jim Wilson said:

I have the Ron Davis one, and it directly bolted in. I also removed the hood by myself......

Yes, Ron Davis is a direct bolt in.

Did you remove the hood to put the radiator in, or for some other reason??

We did NOT remove the hood as it is NOT necessary.

Later,

Reaction score
Jim...you are a crazy man!! :) Good idea though...I am sure MANY will remember your picture and use that technique! :)

I did the Ron Davis. Did not remove the hood. I found it to be 99% bolt in. The stock radiator has studs on the front side that protrude out the front and there are nuts that secure the radiator. The Ron Davis had no studs.....I went to Home Depot and got some stainless hex bolts and washers....done deal.

No other problems. :)

Jim Wilson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a crazy stunt alright. :eek:

what's those plates on the ground? Is it an in ground lift?

They are actually extremely strong electo-magnets based on Maglev train technology. When turned on, it will levitate the car about 2 inches off the ground, thus eliminating flat spots. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yep, your right, its a lift... photos in my gallery. :nana:

Jim Wilson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jim Wilson said:

I have the Ron Davis one, and it directly bolted in. I also removed the hood by myself......

Yes, Ron Davis is a direct bolt in.

Did you remove the hood to put the radiator in, or for some other reason??

We did NOT remove the hood as it is NOT necessary.

Later,

I removed the hood for my DLM install.

Jim Wilson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jim - That's an insane setup!!!!

BTW - get your new regulator et?

Nope not yet, I think I'll take your advise and try Summit. I'm tired of waiting for Jeg's. :curse:

Like you said, it has to be the regulator. Can you believe it's been a year since I started this madness!?!? And I blame all you SC and TT guys that got me started down this road!! :p

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score

JD

Joe, thanks for the props on my new radiators!

I am making the double pass units to be a standard part of my front mount twin turbo system with my custom, laser cut fan shroud and twin puller fans.

I am using the double pass setup due to the fact that I have found it to be more efficient than the stock single pass setup as well as the triple pass that we had on your car.

Big-n-Italian, could you please send me some pictures of how my fuel rails worked out on your car? I cannot get a good enough look at them with your rapidly shifting avatar! :2tu:

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big-n-Italian, could you please send me some pictures of how my fuel rails worked out on your car? I cannot get a good enough look at them with your rapidly shifting avatar! :2tu:

there he is! - pics on their way!

ps - feel free to post them here if you want. i dont know how to do it in this new format yet.

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score

there he is! - pics on their way!

ps - feel free to post them here if you want. i dont know how to do it in this new format yet.

John, Thank you for the pictures! They look great!

As far as posting them is concerned, I do not even know how to do it in the old foremat! LOL! :eek:

I have not been on the boards much lately as I have been finishing up a run of 5 of my DIY TT systems including some really bad-ass custom stuff for Joe Dell's car!

I cut my pinky finger pretty badly down to the bone on the outside at around 3:30 this morning.

I might still have to go to the emergency room.

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paolo, Do you have any info/pricing on your radiators...Thanks...AL

AL, Thank you for your interest!

They are $575.00 plus shipping for one of my double pass radiators.

Will you be needing the twin puller fans and shroud as well?

You can always feel free to call me @ 630-878-3907.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can vouch for the radiator. It is quite nice!

I can't vouch for his blood, though. I hope there isn't any on the shiney stuff on my car!

JD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4