Exhaust opinions??

Visker

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This is what I am working with, edlebrock headers into custom exhaust all the way back near axles and cut off. I was thinking of tossing in a couple mufflers, need something that flows extreamly well but sounds good. Any opinions?

You must be registered for see images attach

Stonep185

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are open to ideas I have muffler deletes on my car. Only do this if you wish to announce your presence from a mile away! Neighbors discourage this set up...

alwayscode390

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really love my Corsa mufflers ... and on a DYNO seems my car puts out as much HP as some cars with Cat Deletes ---

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would recommend DynoMax race bullets used by the Belanger system. I have two race bullets out back and two smaller ones where the stock resonators used to be. Nice deep sound. They have no obstruction with exhaust flow but does help bring down the noise level. I have Belanger cat back, RT cats. Initially went with the 2 muffler (back) version but since my engine work the noise got to be a little much. I added two more smaller dynomax in the side sills and while still plenty loud it's taken the edge off. Fairly inexpensive too. No drone with the 4-race bullet version of Belanger.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Patch that rear opening up and send the exhaust out the side where it belongs.:)

Are you planning on running cats, highflow cats, or no cats? That will effect what mufflers you should use to achieve a given sound.

OP
OP
V

Visker

Viper Owner
Reaction score
lol, no cats, liking the race bullets, cheap if i decide to go another route. See if I can find a sound clip?

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Call Roe Racing and get the best sounding exhaust made for the Viper, period. Their B&B setup. Slap on these with a set of Roe high flo cats and you will absolutely have the best sounding exhaust for the GEN2 made by man. I heard it all, Corsa, Magna, Mopar, Borla, etc. nothing comes close. No raspy high end and it has a deep low gurgle. If you have to stock 708 cam from 96' to 99' it sounds like a muscle car. I'm not stating an opinion, its a fact. :)

Sound clip from a non 708 creampuff: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPNzvX4z_u0
Another B&B but without cats: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbwmCtHrvGQ
If you have the 708 cam it's even better.

Compare to the almost Honda sound of the Borla: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW_Bqw2-YAg

Last edited:

Erick

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm going to have to disagree slightly here. I'll post a clip of my sound, but I get told all the time that it's the best sounding Viper people have heard (and that's from a good amount of Viper owners too).

AMR Headers
Corsa Exhaust
Hi-Flow Cats

It's a 2001, but I did put in the 708 CAM.

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have corsa with no cats and always get compliments on the way it sounds and no drone at all even on the freeway but you must keep it the way it is and exit from the rear if you want it to sound nice with no drone, shoot it out the sides and it will sound like crap and the fumes will kill you:dig:

Erick

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have corsa with no cats and always get compliments on the way it sounds and no drone at all even on the freeway but you must keep it the way it is and exit from the rear if you want it to sound nice with no drone, shoot it out the sides and it will sound like crap and the fumes will kill you:dig:

That. That x 1000.

DrTaco

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hopefully you're near an active Viper Club so you can head to a meeting and hear some exhausts in person. That's the ONLY way you'll really know. The search is the best part though, have fun! Everyone on the board knows I love Belanger. So if U have any questions about em just let me know.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang