Exhaust systems...I would like to listen to yours

97 B/W GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The post about the "delete cat or high flow cat" triggered my question.

Exhaust sound is subjective. We all like different sounds. And someone's impression of loud/deep may not be loud/deep to someone else. I have a "Power Effects" cat back that is way too quiet and docile for me (it came with the car). I'm embarrassed by it actually...the sound just doesn't match the looks or power. I also have the stock cats.

I'm looking for a deeper sound. No drone in the cabin (of coarse). But also not loud. And not too loud at WOT. I don't need to wake everyone up. May eventually do headers, but it's not on the list right now.

I would like to listen to the different systems you have. Different combinations of different manufacturers high flow cats with different manufacturers cat back's.

Anyone here in S. Cal that is willing to hook up with me? I'm in the San Fernando Valley. Are you near me?

Scott

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
PM me and I will send you my cell #. You can listen to one of the baddest sounding Vipers around! B&B catless rocks! Always get great comments at Viper days about the sound of my car.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PM me and I will send you my cell #. You can listen to one of the baddest sounding Vipers around! B&B catless rocks! Always get great comments at Viper days about the sound of my car.

Too bad you dont have a clip.

OP
OP

97 B/W GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Edoggr - Thanks. If I ever get out to the "909" I will look ya up.

Gimme - Unfortunately I couldn't listen to your file...guess I don't have the right software. Call me next time you fire it up...I'll make sure my head is out the window to listen!

Lethal - I'd like to hear these systems 'in person'. Appreciate the 'cell' offer though.

Hemi, Austin, Bruce - I've listened to the Corsa website many times. And it sounds good! But just want to hear it 'in person'. How do you compare computer speakers to the real thing, ya know?

I assume the Corsa sound bite is with stock cats? Anyone know??

I've got a lead on a 2000 ACR with a Corsa cat back nearby, and the FE down the street was talking about a Borla. But who knows when that's gonna happen.

Still looking for more examples with different combinations of exhausts nearby though. I know you're here...somewhere nearby! This is S. Cal...I'm sure there are 1 or 2 Vipers out here! I see ya all the time...just can't catch ya when I'm in my daily driver.

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
97 GTS Viper,

If you're ever in 408, look me up. Headers, high flow cats, Corsa...Sounds great, especially at WOT! :2tu: No problems passing Smog Check II. No cats sounds great but you won't pass smog unless you find a test station willing to risk a fine and their license.

Corsa with stock cats sounds like a UPS truck, you'll be dissapointed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc