exhaust ?

Herc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are staying with stock cats try replacing the muffler with just a straight pipe, you can use the
stock turn outs/tips or have after market ones put on. I was surprised at how good it sounds on my
09, deep idle and no drone at cruise. I have had two different Corsa set ups, 2.5 with stock cats and
3 in with RT cats, both droned and the 3 in was VERY loud. The no muffler mod should be cheap
enough that if you don't like it you can change it out instead of going through 3 different systems
and trying to resale them like I did on my 05.

Herc

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are staying with stock cats try replacing the muffler with just a straight pipe, you can use the
stock turn outs/tips or have after market ones put on. I was surprised at how good it sounds on my
09, deep idle and no drone at cruise. I have had two different Corsa set ups, 2.5 with stock cats and
3 in with RT cats, both droned and the 3 in was VERY loud. The no muffler mod should be cheap
enough that if you don't like it you can change it out instead of going through 3 different systems
and trying to resale them like I did on my 05.

Herc

That is b/c of the hi-flo cats. All Corsa mufflers are 3 inch throughout the muffler, just the inlet is 2.5 inches to accomodate the stock cats.

OP
OP
M

mykes

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanx for the imput,i might try the staight pipe method.I'm leaving the stock cats alone.I just want to drop the cabin temp and weight.I dont want it real loud or dronee.

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanx for the imput,i might try the staight pipe method.I'm leaving the stock cats alone.I just want to drop the cabin temp and weight.I dont want it real loud or dronee.

I think if you are looking to drop cabin heat you will have to remove the cats. That is where most of the heat comes from. I took the cats out of Gen 2 and it made a HUGE difference in side temps.

OP
OP
M

mykes

Viper Owner
Reaction score
08 take off on its way from jonb also 09 6 spokes,ps2s,autoform roll bar and harnesses.Can't hardly wait for track days april 23rd and 24th.