F1 in Austin

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys/Gals,

I'd like to check out the F1 races in Nov. and was wondering if there are any plans to pull together a group thang?

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys/Gals,

I'd like to check out the F1 races in Nov. and was wondering if there are any plans to pull together a group thang?

When I lived in Houston I never missed a Houston Grand Prix... with that being said I personally am going to avoid Austin the week before, the week during and the week after the first F1 races in Austin. I love everything about the races, the cars, the food, the drinks, the paddock...views, everything! But this is going to get CRAZY with traffic, increase of 300% for hotel rooms, and more people than I care to count.

Also with CRAZY ticket prices and an inevitable 6 hour drive/wait in traffic from San Antonio I will watch from my local pub and enjoy the hundred of angles in true 1080 HD. Maybe 3D if they are airing it...

Only way I think I could enjoy being at the event would be if I had a VIP Box, took a chopper to the track to avoid traffic, and had a big screen in the box so I could watch all the turns in the race and have replay. Guess I am getting old...

I know some of the Austin crowd who stood in line to buy overpriced tickets. I'll forward your post on to them so they can chime in. They may be doing something as a group.

My $.02 is if you are going- Best bet is to rent a party bus to get to the track. They can pull right in front and drop you off and have an express lane to the track they share with shuttle buses.

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I lived in Houston I never missed a Houston Grand Prix... with that being said I personally am going to avoid Austin the week before, the week during and the week after the first F1 races in Austin. I love everything about the races, the cars, the food, the drinks, the paddock...views, everything! But this is going to get CRAZY with traffic, increase of 300% for hotel rooms, and more people than I care to count.

Also with CRAZY ticket prices and an inevitable 6 hour drive/wait in traffic from San Antonio I will watch from my local pub and enjoy the hundred of angles in true 1080 HD. Maybe 3D if they are airing it...

Only way I think I could enjoy being at the event would be if I had a VIP Box, took a chopper to the track to avoid traffic, and had a big screen in the box so I could watch all the turns in the race and have replay. Guess I am getting old...

I know some of the Austin crowd who stood in line to buy overpriced tickets. I'll forward your post on to them so they can chime in. They may be doing something as a group.

My $.02 is if you are going- Best bet is to rent a party bus to get to the track. They can pull right in front and drop you off and have an express lane to the track they share with shuttle buses.

This.

I was going to the F1 race until they announced the bus only method of getting there unless you bought a PSL to get a parking pass on site. I was on the list for tickets almost a year ago. I'm disappointed, if the system works well, I will consider going next year.

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oops. I don't have a ticket.

So ..... Kurt, tell me more about this local Pub of yours? :naughty:

OP
OP
S

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Only way I think I could enjoy being at the event would be if I had a VIP Box, took a chopper to the track to avoid traffic, and had a big screen in the box so I could watch all the turns in the race and have replay. Guess I am
getting old...

All very good points, Thank You!! I've come to the realization that I'm old too .... now where is this pub?

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have Lion & Rose off Sonterra or good ol' Mulligans off Redland and 281. Mulligans has more room but Lion & Rose has a better food and drink selection for the masses. Some people in the club don't like my light beer and pizza choice...

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Bro, Cheryl and I have grand stand tickets in turn 9 and a local hotel room. We are arriving the day before the race and coming home right after the race. Not taking the Viper as we have too many bags and bottles of wine!! PM me and maybe we can hook up. Glad you are going. We plan to attend all future events there such as Nastycar, ALMS, Rolex and V8 Super Cars but with a rented RV and do the infield 3 day thing.