Fair trade or no? Viper for Viper

DeceptioN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Was talking to a guy and considering a trade. It would be my 2006 First Edition and 25k miles for a 2005 Mamba, silver ( if that matters? ) with 9k miles on it. Not sure of the mods on the Mamba. I have the MGW short shifter, nitto Invos and eibach lowering kit on my 2006.

Nitro187

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If I were in your shoes, i'd ask +$3000. Although your mileage is almost 3 times his... nah, I'd still ask for the extra cash to go with it... at least to help pay for the taxes.

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its pretty close to being a fair trade, the question is do you really want his car, the want also carries a high value even if the $$$ figure is off a bit. If everyone gets what they want in the end even if one side takes a little $$$ hit you will still both walk away as winners

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its pretty close to being a fair trade, the question is do you really want his car, the want also carries a high value even if the $$$ figure is off a bit. If everyone gets what they want in the end even if one side takes a little $$$ hit you will still both walk away as winners

this......

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since the Gen 3 coupe was only made in 2006 there are far fewer Gen 3 coupes than convertibles. 25000 miles is not really high for a car built as well as the Viper (actually not high for any car). First edition coupes given the color combo (blue/white generally command a premium) are among the most desireable Vipers IMO. Crazy trade if you ask me. I would want a boat load of money to do a trade like that if I were you.

OP
OP
D

DeceptioN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'll try to get him to sweeten the deal up. I was thinking I'd at least swap shifters and tires. Don't wanna have to buy tires again, and refuse to drive a viper on run flats.

72hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would say the coupe is worth a fair amount more than the mamba convertible. I have seen low mileage mamba covnertibles under $40k, but have yet to see any 2006 coupes for less than $40k.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I were in your shoes, i'd ask +$3000. Although your mileage is almost 3 times his... nah, I'd still ask for the extra cash to go with it... at least to help pay for the taxes.

There should not be much if any in taxes on a trade. The taxes would be on the difference. You would pay taxes in Canada on the whole amount? I think it is a fair trade by the way--everyone has their opinion on values. Good luck.

F

FrgMstr

I would say the coupe is worth a fair amount more than the mamba convertible. I have seen low mileage mamba covnertibles under $40k, but have yet to see any 2006 coupes for less than $40k.

Please give me some links to these low mileage Mamba convertibles. I have a buddy looking.