Fascia Re paint

sirhc76

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was past time for me to get my front fascia re painted. Last week the removal went well and pulling the fasteners was pretty straight forward. Basically as mentioned throughout the board breaking them off is the best means of removal. Now on the other hand getting the new ones back in is more painful than chewing rusty tacks.

I'm sure there is a simple way to install the body fasteners and maybe using the OEM vs. Dorman is less painful. Holy mother of cow, if I was the person tasked with installing these fasteners at the factory I would of shot myself in the face with a 10 gauge shotgun using crushed glass every day. Prometheus thought he had it bad, his ass should of worked on the line installing these things. My hats off to the men and women who did this on a daily basis. Now to get my shiny new emblem lined up correctly. In the event that you are wondering why this post, It was part of what my therapist told me to do when I need to relieve some stress :)

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It was that easy, huh? And you're volunteering to help me with mine when it comes time?! WOW, you truly are a gentleman!

Did you throw a clear bra over it yet? I (supposedly) get my PCM tomorrow, so you should come over so I can do a burnout right in front of your car...just an idea...

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tapping the fiberglass...sounds fun, let me know if you need a hand. Dave just volunteered to drive down to help aslo... ;)

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have repainted mine twice now, I am thinking next time I need to do the 3M clearbra huh? hahahaa

TexasPettey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was past time for me to get my front fascia re painted. Last week the removal went well and pulling the fasteners was pretty straight forward. Basically as mentioned throughout the board breaking them off is the best means of removal. Now on the other hand getting the new ones back in is more painful than chewing rusty tacks.

Where did you get it painted? I need to have mine done, along with my side sills.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've got 42,000mi on my car now. No repaint needed as I use a Mopar front bra (vinyl). I use the bra for travelling and remove it when I get where I'm going. The added advantage I have is that when I take off the bra teh smashed bugs come off too.

Ted

PhilC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well that's enough to keep me from doing it. I've got enough stress in life, the Viper is one of the things I use to relieve it. Thanks!