FATAL VIPER CRASH SATURDAY GAMBRILLS,MD

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry to post sad news but wondering if he was a vca member.
you can read the artical in the baltimoresun.com , it list
the name of the driver, did not want to post name here. he
was 62. viper crossed medium strip and was hit on passenger
side door by a cadillac escalade. if anyone knows him please
let me know as i live in the same region.

thanks, tom

VIPER52USA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live in Maryland too. I didn't hear about this but less than a mile from me a teen was killed walking along side a road around 6:30pm by a drunk driver. Then the next morning, on the very same road, another teen was killed in a drunk driving wreck.

viper spray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, 62, dies in Gambrills crash
November 14, 2004
A 62-year-old Columbia man died yesterday of injuries suffered when his car crossed the center line on Waugh Chapel Road near New Market Lane in Gambrills and was struck by another car, Anne Arundel County police said. Robert Spencer Beale Jr. was...

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Robert Spencer Beale Jr. was westbound about 2:40 p.m. yesterday when his Dodge Viper crossed the line and was struck in the passenger door by an eastbound Cadillac Escalade. Beale was taken by state police helicopter to Maryland Shock Trauma Center, where he died.
The driver of the other car, xxxxxxxxx, 24, of Whiting, N.J., and her two passengers -- xxxxxxxx, 29, of Odenton and xxxxxxxx, 20, of Eaglewood, N.J. -- were treated at Anne Arundel Medical Center for minor injuries and released. Police said they did not know what caused Beale's car to veer across the line.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not another Viper lost :( :( :( :( Good grief... I'm wondering what caused him to veer accross the line, so sad that he died too :(

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not another Viper lost :( :( :( :( Good grief... I'm wondering what caused him to veer accross the line, so sad that he died too :(

*** the Viper..You can always get another one...Cant get another life....Prayers go out to the family....very very sad...No chance against an SUV...

patgilm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, that's pretty close to me. The only ones I've seen around here is a Red/Silver GTS and a yellow GTS although I've never seen them at any events. Wonder if it was one of these two?

OP
OP
W

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, that's pretty close to me. The only ones I've seen around here is a Red/Silver GTS and a yellow GTS although I've never seen them at any events. Wonder if it was one of these two?

pat, when i first heard the news i was thinking the only person
i know in that area was you, glad it wasn't, my family's prayers
go out to roberts family and friends. a very sad day for all.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark, I don't know, my membership list is at work, I will post tommorow if he was. I emailed both Ron and Gus about it. Maybe they will chip in at some point. His name sounds familiar, but I can't put a face or a car to it at this point.

grayman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holy S@#$%. I have an office in Gambrills about a mile from Waugh Chapel. That is a real shame. Prayers go out to the family.

I just totalled my 04 SRT about a month ago and it puts how lucky I am into perspective. The car is fun, but is just a hunk of metal that can be replaced. To be killed in any accident is horrible and this being so close makes me want to go buy a Hummer.

patgilm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for looking out for me Tom.

I do remember this crash now. I was on my way out around that time and saw about five cop cars with their lights on at that intersection and thought something bad happened. What a sad day.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got an email back from Ron Hickey indicating that he was not a VCA member, that does not make the tragedy any better, just tells us we did not know him from events locally. Perhaps we should all offer a prayer to his family.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got an update this morning from a local buddy in the Ferrari club. This gentleman was very active with them, roadraced a TR and then a brand new 360, which he wrecked at Summit Point last year. Apparently a very friendly and well liked guy. His Viper was a 2004 SRT. Obviously a car guy.
This possibly brings to mind once again that no matter how much experience you have the Viper can still surprise you. That particular day was bitterly cold, our first real cold day around here. We had a garage sale that day and even though I was wearing thick soled shoes my feet were freezing the whole time from standing on the asphalt. Food for thought.....Vipers and cold pavement do not mix well. Be careful out there, we all see this every year at the time when it gets cold. we have been lucky around here to not see a fatality prior to this though.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I just heard about this through a friend. The name Beale is ringing all sorts of bells and it makes me wonder if he had attended a gathering or two.

Club memeber or not he was still part of the viper nation and my thoughts go out to his family and those he hit.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear. I will NEVER drive my viper without khumos EVER again. Since I've had Kuhmo's I haven't come close to breaking my tires loose on ACCIDENT or loosing control. Driving a viper with stock pilots is like riding a motorcycle. It's not IF you loose control, it's WHEN you loose control. And yes, I've lost control w/ pilots. (did a 360 and ended in a yard) Pilots are nice....but..... I wish Kuhmo's were in anything but 17's or 18's.

Gerald

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Driving a viper with stock pilots is like riding a motorcycle. It's not IF you loose control, it's WHEN you loose control. And yes, I've lost control w/ pilots. (did a 360 and ended in a yard) Pilots are nice....but..... I wish Kuhmo's were in anything but 17's or 18's.
My condolences to the family.

Any tire, stock or aftermarket, can be pushed to it's limits. It all depends on you recognizing those limits. If you drive a high powered car and you don't recognize those limits, you are setting yourself up for an accident. While the Kumhos do give better traction, that just means that you will lose traction at a higher speed if you get complacent.

A Dirty Harry quote, "A man's gotta know his limitations".

viper spray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear. I will NEVER drive my viper without khumos EVER again. Since I've had Kuhmo's I haven't come close to breaking my tires loose on ACCIDENT or loosing control. Driving a viper with stock pilots is like riding a motorcycle. It's not IF you loose control, it's WHEN you loose control. And yes, I've lost control w/ pilots. (did a 360 and ended in a yard) Pilots are nice....but..... I wish Kuhmo's were in anything but 17's or 18's.

Gerald
Pilots are the #1 reason for Viper wrecks , in my opinion!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery