Father & Son moment on my viper search

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First & foremost, let me say my best friend is a vette guy, I love & respect vettes, they've just never been my cup of tea. OK, that out of the way, I had to share a father / son moment I had with my 17 yr old.

I sold my GenIII and am desperately shopping for a GenIV. So I saw a silver w/black CCW wheels vette vert, with a Z06 body kit & thought, just for a moment, not bad, I could through a maggy on it and maybe it would be fun til the GenV comes out.

So I txt a couple of pics of it to my son & here's the dialog in a nutshell -

F:what do u think of this? pics pics

S:why r u sending me pics of a vette? does it come with a free pinky ring?

F:dude, I'm just thinking about options

S:there r no options, you r a viper guy, always have been, always will b, stop being a ****** and by the car u want and deserve

F:I've never been more proud as a father

S:stop txting me and by a viper for urself, and by urself I mean us lol

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Lmao I think if I told my dad to quit being a ****** I'd get smacked lol.

I do like the by you I mean us comment lol.

Leojmcca

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like he is a viper kid.........now everytime I see a vette, I'll be looking to see if there wearing a pinky ring :)

Scott Mannny

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That's Great!! You be even more prouder when he gets his own and both of you driving together.

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Lots of badass vettes out there also. But the kid has taste, at 17 I had a 1977 Z-28, sweet car back then.

L84AD8

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great moment. Exactly what my son told me right before my purchase. Couldn't be more proud of him.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats awesome. I hope my daughters turn out the same way. My oldest is already saying (at barely two years old) "Be careful with my car daddy!":omg: :D

OP
OP
D

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LoL, yea, we have a special relationship, 90% father/son, 10% buds, I hope I'm blessed to maintain it thru life.

He's been in training for a while with me, he drive the family jeep, but he's cutting his teeth on our BMW 335 manual, and drives the Shelby (530rwhp) with me in it on the weekend briefly. He's working now towards a car, he's hoping to go for a used 6 ****** mustang or camaro with a 6 speed ... another proud moment was when he said he'd only consider an american car, and that's how he came up with those 2 targets, ahh, my boy.

His big carrot is an HPDE I promised he could do to get some prof instruction and some autocrossing if his grades & SATs come in on target, and I've never seen a more focused teenager, lol, every other week this yr he's reviewed his GPA with me. The gearhead gene has been passed, and somehow, the right taste in cars too!

F

FrgMstr

Priceless. Congrats on raising a kid with a good head on his shoulders.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96