Fault code 12 and 27

Tomas

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Åland Islands (Baltic Sea Hawaii), FINLAND
Hello Everyone

Started up my car today and it ran very bad and the check engine light was on. I checked the codes and found that it is code 12 and 27

#12 Direct battery input to PCM was disconnected within the last 50 key-on cycles?????????

#27 Injector 1 output driver does not respond properly to the contorl signal?????

What can be wrong??? where shall I start to look??

best regards

Tomas

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You could switch injector #1 to another location and see if the DTC follows the injector. Then you obvious have a bad injector. If it stays with injector #1, sounds like you have a bad Powertrain Control Module or Ignition Control Module. Reading from the service manual:

The PCM opeates injectors 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10. At the instruction of the PCM, the ICM operates injectors 1 and 5.

You could also check for constant 12v at the injector; the system grounds the negative to energize the injector. The wire for Injector #1 is K11 18WT/DB*, or an 18 gauge white wire with a dark blue stripe.

I hope you have a service manual.

OP
OP
T

Tomas

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Åland Islands (Baltic Sea Hawaii), FINLAND
Hello Bill and Tom

Thanks for the replies. I haven´t drive with my car for about one week before this
fault codes came up (Bought a Hummer H2). Yes I have a service manual so I will try to find the cables and do some measuring.

rgds

Tomas