Final 1993 Diamondback Viper Pictures... IT IS ALIVE!!!!

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OOh i see, :rolleyes: TWO sets of wheels. See i run drag radials all the time so when i'm on the street i hook :2tu: . I do like the look of 20" wheels but they just don't do anything performance wise :bonker: . I think a nice set of 18" CCW 505A's and the car lowered looks GREAT :eek: :2tu: ! See there you get the looks AND the performance all in one. :headbang:
Semper Fi Devildog :usa:

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They don't make Drag radials in 19" and 20" . Thats why i have 18" wheels and thats why when i get new wheels they will also be 18". SO compaired to performance wise with drag racing, 18" is better than 20" because of tire avaliability using drag radials! I think 18's look just fine on the car!

Good points, however, as BLINGBITTEN has stated above he has two sets of wheels...one for bling and one for performance...at least he brags that he does...still waiting for his Viper pics(please include both sets of your wheels money bags). :rolleyes: Semper Fi JUCD! :usa:

LOL.BLINGBITTEN I like that Deviled Duffus :2tu: .....I was waiting till this line of reasoning came up...No Viper so my opinion means nothing ;) Ive never claimed to own a Viper for as long as Ive been on this forum...But I do know the proper wheel etiquette so it doesnt matter what car I have it will be properly outfitted..You guys make it sound like you need all this grip and performance on the street...You dont. A set of 19 or 20 are perfectly ok for street driving. Check out Gary Javo's old Viper for reference..When you hit the 1/4 mile or curcuit of course you will swap the 18's on for the best performance...Im betting that most Vipers spend most of the time on the street. That is were Im coming from....BTW when I said plus 1 I was thinking SRT10 and not RT10...Plus 1 for the SRT10 is 19/20...

For your info I own a 05 350z with twankies soon to be TT..I could have gotten a used GTS but this deal fell into my lap. Brand new car, warranty etc .Yes its not a Viper but its what my budget can afford..By the way I got 20's with my little 300hp car. And you are scared to put them on your 400hp car...What a bunch of wusses :smirk: ... And I have the stockers for the track :D ...Id be more than happy to show any of you geezers how to properly civilize your Viper..Next time I see a Viper with wheel well gap I will offer my services in acclimating, or shaming you to civilization....I should have the TT's on soon so keeping up with you to mock you into 20's should be no problem...

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I DO NEED all of this grip for the street. If you owned a viper you would know after doing some mods, its hard to hook up on the street. Thats exactly why i run Drag radials on ALL my cars and thats why if i ever play around on the street i dominate cars with those big blingin 20's that have street tires :headbang: . How in the hell do you figure we are Wusses because we dont put 20's on our cars? Line up against me in your 350Z with your 20's and we will see who is in who's rear view mirror :buttkick: . 20's aren't practical, it's that simple :bonker: . I said they look nice but arent worth a damn performace wise. :bonker:

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
They don't make Drag radials in 19" and 20" . Thats why i have 18" wheels and thats why when i get new wheels they will also be 18". SO compaired to performance wise with drag racing, 18" is better than 20" because of tire avaliability using drag radials! I think 18's look just fine on the car!

Good points, however, as BLINGBITTEN has stated above he has two sets of wheels...one for bling and one for performance...at least he brags that he does...still waiting for his Viper pics(please include both sets of your wheels money bags). :rolleyes: Semper Fi JUCD! :usa:

LOL.BLINGBITTEN I like that Deviled Duffus :2tu: .....I was waiting till this line of reasoning came up...No Viper so my opinion means nothing ;) Ive never claimed to own a Viper for as long as Ive been on this forum...But I do know the proper wheel etiquette so it doesnt matter what car I have it will be properly outfitted..You guys make it sound like you need all this grip and performance on the street...You dont. A set of 19 or 20 are perfectly ok for street driving. Check out Gary Javo's old Viper for reference..When you hit the 1/4 mile or curcuit of course you will swap the 18's on for the best performance...Im betting that most Vipers spend most of the time on the street. That is were Im coming from....BTW when I said plus 1 I was thinking SRT10 and not RT10...Plus 1 for the SRT10 is 19/20...

For your info I own a 05 350z with twankies soon to be TT..I could have gotten a used GTS but this deal fell into my lap. Brand new car, warranty etc .Yes its not a Viper but its what my budget can afford..By the way I got 20's with my little 300hp car. And you are scared to put them on your 400hp car...What a bunch of wusses :smirk: ... And I have the stockers for the track :D ...Id be more than happy to show any of you geezers how to properly civilize your Viper..Next time I see a Viper with wheel well gap I will offer my services in acclimating, or shaming you to civilization....I should have the TT's on soon so keeping up with you to mock you into 20's should be no problem...

BlingBitten, glad you like your new name...LOL! :2tu: First of all, I must inform you that it is not wise to take on one Leatherneck let alone two! :usa: Second, the 350Z(I'm so old my 2nd new car was a Datsun 240Z) is a very nice car and a TT should be hot, however, I still think 20" wheels are too much bling at the sacrifice of performance and my priority is performance not poser bling. As far as us being wussies for not running 20s with 400HP you need to rethink that. I bought my GTS new in '98 and upgraded it to a Venom 650R and am running 675 HP & 680 TQ NA...have hit a top speed of 198 MPH(more in it...ran out of private track)...run to 5700 RPM on most shifts and even though I'm a wussie have managed to keep it on the road the last 8 years. I'll STICK with the 18s. I've already emailed JonB and will be ordering the Forgeline SX3s w/titanium fasteners/jet nuts, lowering caps and Eibachs(lower the car a total of 1.2" front and 1.6" rear). Also going to 3.33 gears. Will post with pics when completed. So, when you get your TT done come see me. As a result, I doubt you'll be influencing me to prove my macho with 20s. I've done the brawn and now focus on brain power...comes with age! :smirk:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't know there was a "wheel size" etiquette... is that anything like "if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all?" :confused:

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't know there was a "wheel size" etiquette... is that anything like "if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all?" :confused:

You are a cornball...

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score

BlingBitten, glad you like your new name...LOL! :2tu: First of all, I must inform you that it is not wise to take on one Leatherneck let alone two! :usa: Second, the 350Z(I'm so old my 2nd new car was a Datsun 240Z) is a very nice car and a TT should be hot, however, I still think 20" wheels are too much bling at the sacrifice of performance and my priority is performance not poser bling. As far as us being wussies for not running 20s with 400HP you need to rethink that. I bought my GTS new in '98 and upgraded it to a Venom 650R and am running 675 HP & 680 TQ NA...have hit a top speed of 198 MPH(more in it...ran out of private track)...run to 5700 RPM on most shifts and even though I'm a wussie have managed to keep it on the road the last 8 years. I'll STICK with the 18s. I've already emailed JonB and will be ordering the Forgeline SX3s w/titanium fasteners/jet nuts, lowering caps and Eibachs(lower the car a total of 1.2" front and 1.6" rear). Also going to 3.33 gears. Will post with pics when completed. So, when you get your TT done come see me. As a result, I doubt you'll be influencing me to prove my macho with 20s. I've done the brawn and now focus on brain power...comes with age! :smirk:

Ah what can I tell ya at my tender young age of 34 Ive become bold enough to dance with the Deviled Duffus in the pale moon light. Let alone two Marines :smirk: ....My respect to both of you Leathernecks. You guys do us proud... :usa: But I guess Im amoung the few the proud the civilized that are on a mission to stomp out the epidemic of unsightly wheel gap...Nothing is wrong with you guys wanting the big wheel gap look. Its a free country. Just know that you will be outcasts of the carguy aristocracy. I may be forced to ignore if I see you as I dont want my fellow aristocrats to think I condone or associate with people with such uncouth, crass manners :buttkick: So I guess if I see a car with wheel gaps from hell its probably being driven by a Marine :nana:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this car came out even better than i expected it to. lauri, you did one heck of a job brother.

now lets get that car out to the NY/CT area and see how it runs now.... :)

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ah what can I tell ya at my tender young age of 34 Ive become bold enough to dance with the Deviled Duffus in the pale moon light. Let alone two Marines :smirk: ....My respect to both of you Leathernecks. You guys do us proud... :usa: But I guess Im amoung the few the proud the civilized that are on a mission to stomp out the epidemic of unsightly wheel gap...Nothing is wrong with you guys wanting the big wheel gap look. Its a free country. Just know that you will be outcasts of the carguy aristocracy. I may be forced to ignore if I see you as I dont want my fellow aristocrats to think I condone or associate with people with such uncouth, crass manners :buttkick: So I guess if I see a car with wheel gaps from hell its probably being driven by a Marine :nana:
But rest assured if you line up on the street against us, all you'll be seeing is tail lights :bonker: , with your POser blingin 20's that don't hook. The onlookers will look and point in awe and say, damn he got smoked :buttkick: , ooh yah but look he's got 20's :rolleyes: bahahaha whatever. You stick to poser mods and i'll stick to PERFORMANCE! :2tu:
On a side note, thanks for your support! :usa:

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But rest assured if you line up on the street against us, all you'll be seeing is tail lights :bonker: , with your POser blingin 20's that don't hook. The onlookers will look and point in awe and say, damn he got smoked :buttkick: , ooh yah but look he's got 20's :rolleyes: bahahaha whatever. You stick to poser mods and i'll stick to PERFORMANCE! :2tu:

:usa: :headbang:

Just to let you know, we aristocrats dont mind losing as long as we look good and dont offend one anothers highly honed sensativities. I'd be the best looking speck you ever saw in your rearview mirror....Besides its hard to drive fast or corner with our noses in the air.....We've perfected the art of posing and are a proud lot. See you around my wheel gap challenged chap. Maybe one day you will qualify to be amoung such lofty company and be dubbed our brethren.

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just to let you know, we aristocrats dont mind losing as long as we look good and dont offend one anothers highly honed sensativities. I'd be the best looking speck you ever saw in your rearview mirror....Besides its hard to drive fast or corner with our noses in the air.....We've perfected the art of posing and are a proud lot. See you around my wheel gap challenged chap. Maybe one day you will qualify to be amoung such lofty company and be dubbed our brethren.
:rolleyes: When you are losing i highly doubt anyone will be staring in awe at a 350Z when a Viper is there whippin your ass :buttkick: . Nice try though but who are you tryin to fool :bonker: ? PLus i won't be able to see those blingin 20's when your a speck in my rear view mirror :eek: , so your car won't look to great now will it? :eek:
I know i'll never trade performace for poser mods so you and your ARMY of 1, can keep your noses in the air all you like. :buttkick:

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great job Lauri, car looks most excellent! I don't know the east coast very well but the wife and I are coming to Washington D.C. this fall for 2 weeks, how far away are you from there?

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score

:rolleyes: When you are losing i highly doubt anyone will be staring in awe at a 350Z when a Viper is there whippin your ass :buttkick: . Nice try though but who are you tryin to fool :bonker: ? PLus i won't be able to see those blingin 20's when your a speck in my rear view mirror :eek: , so your car won't look to great now will it? :eek:
I know i'll never trade performace for poser mods so you and your ARMY of 1, can keep your noses in the air all you like. :buttkick:

Hmmmfp...Well I never. Youve offended me :nono: ...I have no choice but to institute a lifetime ban with no possibility of membership to our exclusive club....You will miss out on such sublime group activities like wine tasting, lawn tennis, curling, shuffle board, poetry and theater....Shame really cause your car automatically qualified you to breathe the rarified air we occupy. If only you had the gift of taste...Wheel well gap is tantamount to walking around with ashy elbows and knees. :nono:

OP
OP
R

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great job Lauri, car looks most excellent! I don't know the east coast very well but the wife and I are coming to Washington D.C. this fall for 2 weeks, how far away are you from there?

I'm 1 hour west of Philly or 1,5 hours? north of D.C.
You're both welcome to stay here. I have always cold beer and good stock of Cubans. B-B-Q pit works too!

OP
OP
R

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never claimed to own a Viper for as long as Ive been on this forum...

I thought so. Now go back in your -78 Monte Carlo with goldspoke 24's... What a joke.

Your mouth is as big as your wheels.

Please dont smile, I worried you might have stone paved caps on your dentals. :D

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never claimed to own a Viper for as long as Ive been on this forum...

I thought so. Now go back in your -78 Monte Carlo with goldspoke 24's... What a joke.

Your mouth is as big as your wheels.

Please dont smile, I worried you might have stone paved caps on your dentals. :D

LOL...why so cold Red? wheres the love? My mouth aint the only thing thats as big as my wheels :cool: :nana: :cool: BTW I gots me a Paul Wall platinum grill so when I smile Ill blind ya worse than my twankies yo ;)

OP
OP
R

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[/QUOTE] LOL...why so cold Red? wheres the love? My mouth aint the only thing thats as big as my wheels :cool: :nana: :cool: BTW I gots me a Paul Wall platinum grill so when I smile Ill blind ya worse than my twankies yo ;)

[/QUOTE]

I can love dum people, but not morons.

The only thing bigger in diameter than your 24" wheels is not on the frontside of your pants.... You got that one right.

For some odd reason, I CAN se you using a plat. grill... Hah, Haa!!!!!!!!!! :D But not not using a toothbrush..... :bonker:
We'll I quess its one way of hiding the problems you have.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great pictures.

On the tires subject, I really couldn't tell the difference between 18's and 19's (with Pilots). I like them both on the street.

For racing, I have the Purner Drag package.

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm 1 hour west of Philly or 1,5 hours? north of D.C.
You're both welcome to stay here. I have always cold beer and good stock of Cubans. B-B-Q pit works too!

Party at Lauri's We are headed your way"Jesse and I"Get the beer and marshmallows and HC for Jesse

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lauri,

That's an absolutely awesome Viper you've built! :2tu: Congratulations and enjoy your ride! :cool:

Snakebitten, what's your malfunction dude? You've made your point about the fact that you like big wheels and you hate wheel gap. That's your opinion so apply it to your Viper. Redenuf93's suspension was designed for 17" wheels so going to 18" wheels makes very little or no changes to the suspension geometry. Rather then coming onto the thread and criticizing someone's great looking Viper, how bout you make suggestions how to overcome style issues without affecting performance. Show the rest of us in the Viper world how to reduce the wheel gap while maintaining proper suspension geometry, streetablity and sticky tire availibilty.

I'm looking forward to seeing pics of the wheel gap on your Viper.

Lauri, sorry to get off track on your thread. Snakebitten obviously has a lot of expertise in design and performance. I'm sure his contributions will be an asset to the Viper community. That's a beautiful Viper you have. Those Forgelines look perfect on the car. One of the best looking wheels on a Viper.

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where are the girls!!!! I thought we were waiting for photos with girls! Damn do I have to bring down some strippers for Carlisle to get proper photos?

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lauri,

That's an absolutely awesome Viper you've built! :2tu: Congratulations and enjoy your ride! :cool:

Snakebitten, what's your malfunction dude? You've made your point about the fact that you like big wheels and you hate wheel gap. That's your opinion so apply it to your Viper. Redenuf93's suspension was designed for 17" wheels so going to 18" wheels makes very little or no changes to the suspension geometry. Rather then coming onto the thread and criticizing someone's great looking Viper, how bout you make suggestions how to overcome style issues without affecting performance. Show the rest of us in the Viper world how to reduce the wheel gap while maintaining proper suspension geometry, streetablity and sticky tire availibilty.

I'm looking forward to seeing pics of the wheel gap on your Viper.

Lauri, sorry to get off track on your thread. Snakebitten obviously has a lot of expertise in design and performance. I'm sure his contributions will be an asset to the Viper community. That's a beautiful Viper you have. Those Forgelines look perfect on the car. One of the best looking wheels on a Viper.

Some of you need to take an enema. Did I critisize the car or the rims???You only want to here nice responses? It would make for a boring world...I gave him his props for a beutifully finished car but I offered my opinion on the rims since it is a street car. I offered free advice to all on proper wheel well etiquette and now Im getting hated on...See how much advice a lawyer will give you for free..Its pretty obvious I am being quite sarcastic with most of my posts as some have noticed...Yes I like to fill out my wheel well gap with the appropriate rim and tire but I also appreciate getting the most performance from the car...Thats why I have the stockers for the track...Sooo I get the best of both worlds...Do what you wish...Most of what I said was just having fun with a few viperheads...As I said before many times, Reds car is the cats ***, its stupendous, beutiful and it would wax the hell out of my car in looks and performance...Buuuut ...It just has slightly ashy knees.. ;)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth