Finally found a dealer that let me test drive a Viper, and.........

Fadi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went to the Chevy dealer to ask them about my C6 Z06 deposit, and they were playing more mind games with me. They had a C6 Z06 outside and I looked at it thinking "Damn, what a nice looking car". To make a long story short, I then got a call from a dealer telling me they have a Viper for me to drive. As I pulled in, it was sitting right there in front. I looked at it thinking "OH MY GOD, LOOK AT THAT THING!" Notice the different reactions betweem the Z and the Viper..:)

Bottom line is, I found a dealer that looked past my age, or the fact that I walked in with slippers and sweats (lol), and let me test drive a 2004 Black Viper. Guess what? Left the parking lot with it too, and now it is in MY GARAGE.

Looking forward to take part of this forum.

Fadi

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very cool. Congrats and drive safe. Dont let it bite you. Welcome to the forum and have fun. :cool:

And oh yea...

:needpics:

OP
OP
F

Fadi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very cool. Congrats and drive safe. Dont let it bite you. Welcome to the forum and have fun. :cool:

And oh yea...

Thanks man. I drove it an hour home in the rain and mud, lol, it is not pretty right now. I am gonna wait for a nice day to wash it, wax it, and snap a few pics to post;)

Casey 111

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations, treat her well be safe and most of all have one hell of a time!!

WILDASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the Viper Nation,Fadi!Obviously you liked the Snake once you got to drive it.Hope you get some good weather soon so you can clean her up and post some pics.Left you a post on the other board(you know me as Orangesnake over there). Have fun and stay safe! :2tu:

OP
OP
F

Fadi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the Viper Nation,Fadi!Obviously you liked the Snake once you got to drive it.Hope you get some good weather soon so you can clean her up and post some pics.Left you a post on the other board(you know me as Orangesnake over there). Have fun and stay safe! :2tu:

Hello Bill. Thanks so much for the kind words. I am really glad to be a Viper owner now. Hey, if you are ever in the MI area, let me know!!..:)

Take care

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guess what? Left the parking lot with it too, and now it is in MY GARAGE.

They are probably going to want it back. We don't condone stealing in the VCA. Please return the car and through yourself on the mercy of the court. :eek:

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i would like to applaud you for having the determination and drive to get past all the [******] you went through. :2tu:

i think it is becoming pretty clear why you are are driving a viper at 25. congrats!

You must be registered for see images

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hi there Fadi and welcome to the wonderful world of torque, get used to the car before you push it. be extremely careful of the car on cold tires and especially on cold days, traction will be a tough thing to find and maintain. if you need any service on the car Dick Scott Dodge in Plymouth is the only place i will let service my car, along with many others in the SE mich area as well as some from ohio. lastly what area of mich are you in?

OP
OP
F

Fadi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Fadi! Enjoy the ride, you've earned it.

Thank you. I couldn't go to sleep last night knowing there is a Viper in my garage, hehe

OP
OP
F

Fadi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i would like to applaud you for having the determination and drive to get past all the [******] you went through. :2tu:

i think it is becoming pretty clear why you are are driving a viper at 25. congrats!

You must be registered for see images

Thanks friend. You know, a lot of people gave me crap about this test drive thing. All I wanted was a test drive, that was all. Just because I wanted a test drive did not mean I did not like the car or even want the car, I just wanted to see how the car rides, how it feels, etc..before I drop the $. I do not think that it is a bad thing wanting a ride before I bought the car.

Anywho, thanks again, and I am looking forward to taking part of these forums.

Thanks to Andy who kept on hammering the thought of purchasing an SRT-10 over the months..;)

kwiksilver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats, and well done! :2tu: Like most of us you will find yourself in the garage more often. Just respect the torque and the cold tires/roads. I've taken mine 4-wheeling once in cold weather and it's not much fun. :eek:

OP
OP
F

Fadi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hi there Fadi and welcome to the wonderful world of torque, get used to the car before you push it. be extremely careful of the car on cold tires and especially on cold days, traction will be a tough thing to find and maintain. if you need any service on the car Dick Scott Dodge in Plymouth is the only place i will let service my car, along with many others in the SE mich area as well as some from ohio. lastly what area of mich are you in?

Hey buddy. Yes, I know what you mean. On slightly wet pavement last night, I really wanted to see what this thing has got. Bad idea I tell ya, lol. Car went sideways, but it was kind of fun..;)

I am from Grand Blanc, about 5 minutes South of Flint. I have never heard of the area you are in. How far is that from Flint? I hope we are able to meet this spring and possibly track our cars or just cruise. As time comes and weather clears, I will give you a PM and maybe we can get some lunch, cruise, or just get the awesome sight of 2 SRT'S together (Along with my buddies awesome 98 Red RT/10..;))

Thanks again, and thanks to everyone for the warm welcome.

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I couldn't go to sleep last night knowing there is a Viper in my garage, hehe

[/QUOTE]

I know the feeling.....I haven't slept properly since 1996!! 3 Vipers since then and I still get a rush every time I open the garage door and see it sitting there!

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

And oh yea...

Thanks man. I drove it an hour home in the rain and mud, lol, it is not pretty right now. I am gonna wait for a nice day to wash it, wax it, and snap a few pics to post;)

Congrats on the new ride. A 2004 Viper probably needs some paint work. So when the snow blows, detailing will be the only thing you can do. Go here to learn how to do it right.

http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats, Welcome, and be careful! :2tu:

...especially in them MI roads! Awful I tell ya! My teeth still hasn't stopped rattling from the long drive I took through there 9 years ago! :D

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come spring we can go out and play. I like to munch on some of them Z06 thingies every once in a while.

You are about 1/2 hour north of where I am at.

Note Plymouth, where Dick Scott is, is north and west from the Detroit metro airport. Not a very close option for you.

Join the Viper Club of America. Here is a link to MCVO MCVO Link

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just read your last thread, now this one. It is a good story, congrats. I have a feeling this viper is going to take a beating, just be careful not to wrap it around a pole.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< All I wanted was a test drive, that was all. Just because I wanted a test drive did not mean I did not like the car or even want the car, I just wanted to see how the car rides, how it feels, etc..before I drop the $. I do not think that it is a bad thing wanting a ride before I bought >>

a test drive is not a bad thing at all. like so many others, i too decided to buy my car without a test drive. personally i didnt care. all i knew was that i have wanted a viper for a very long time and i was going to buy it no matter what.

dont get me wrong, i dont think that individual sellers or dealers should give test drives to anyone who walks on the showroom floor. but if you are able to show that you are a capable buyer, and you feel that you need a test drive, then why not?

i just think that if you are dropping that kind of coin on a car, then a test drive shouldnt be such an outragious request. my 0.02

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's awesome, man! Congrats! Now when you get a free minute, you should stop by all of the dealers that wouldn't let you drive one and show them your shiney new car! ****** bags! ;)

kaval

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Fadi,

all this jabber and u did not tell us what you thought...

how did it feel compared to the z? How did it drive...

spill the beans be specific